- Proper knowledge and experience installing AC & DC power equipment associated with common infrastructure used in telecommunications networks.
- The work will involve the installation of cable, wiring, alarms and telecommunications equipment at indoor and outdoor locations.
- Properly read and understand blueprints and wiring diagrams as well as the ability to work in accordance with/to method of procedures (MOPs) and scope of work (SOWs).
- Lead electricians are responsible for all on-site aspects of AC/DC power equipment installation, including safety, paperwork, leading crew members, training, customer interaction and overall accountability for each project assigned.
- Function in the field as the single point of contact (POC)
- Lead Technicians are expected to be acting as the primary installers, perform hot cuts, verify all alarming
- Assist with preparing MOP’s and required paperwork as requested, assist in planning and job layout as requested
- Help train and develop the skill set of the technicians
- Minimum 3 years experience in this field and ability to troubleshoot down to component level on equipment such as AC/DC plants, generators, fueling, etc.
- Utilizes hand tools and test equipment to perform work
- Requires excellent verbal, written communication skills & customer relation skills
- Must be able to provide high level of quality customer service
- Must be able to complete Field Service Reports within a timely manner
- Requires knowledge of equipment manufacturer’s specifications
- Ability to work independently and resourceful with good initiatives
- Must be able to perform repeated bending & lifting of up to 80lbs during certain procedures
- Must be able to provide necessary pro-active recommendations to clients
- Candidate must be willing to work nights & weekends when necessary
- Knowledge of general computer hardware & software applications
- Technical degree a plus
- Previous military experience and training a plus
Successful candidates will be required to submit to a criminal background check.
“Motive” is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer
Motive provides equal opportunity to all employees on the basis of individual qualification without regard to race, sex, religion, color, age, national origin, physical and mental disability, genetic information and history, sexual orientation, or other category protected by state or federal law. “Motive” does not discriminate in the recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, benefits, or any other condition of employment.