Construction and installation of aerial fiber infrastructures construction.
- Repairs and maintains major cable system and structures such as broken lashing, replacing, or re-sagging aerial strand, pole transfers, down-guys, aerial to underground conversion, substructure repairs and cable replacements related to system outages, maintenance, rebuilds and emergencies or hazards.
- Reads and interprets work orders, specifications, engineering drawings and/or cut sheets to determine work to be done in a sequence of the task.
- Performs construction work such as digging holes, climbing telephone poles, placing, and removing poles and anchors, pulling and stringing wire/cable from pole to pole, laying cable and conduit in the ground.
- Operates power equipment such as compressors, pumps, blowers, hydraulic diggers, and hydraulic aerial lifts mounted on trucks.
- Uses test equipment to check for gas in manholes; may be required to empty water and other debris from manholes.
- Dismantles, moves, and removes aerial, underground, or building wire, cable associated equipment, and hardware.
- Connects wires and cables to terminals and attaches/detaches various kinds of hardware to wires, cables, buildings, or poles.
- Response to and participates in emergency and outage situations that require heavy construction capabilities.
- Ensures that all work considers the safety of the customer and general public and compliance with all governmental orders.
- Able and willing to work outdoors and in inclement weather conditions. Completes daily production reports and As-Built documentation on prints.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must have a valid driver's license and transportation
- Must have 2-5 years recent experience
- Extensive knowledge of approved practices, procedures, tools, and materials used in telecom line construction work.
- Identify differences in wire and cable colors.
- Required to lift moderately heavy equipment, such as telephone line; climb structures; and stand for long periods of time.
- Knowledge of first aid procedures and CPR.
- Ability to apply mathematics calculations
- Ability to work in a confined space and at high elevations (poles, hydraulic lift buckets, ladders.
- Ability to apply logical principles and thinking to solve problems and make decisions.
- Willing to perform work to support the values and goals of the Company.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Motive Energy Telecommunications provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Motive Energy Telecommunications complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Motive Energy Telecommunications expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected categories.