Are you the type of engineer that can’t go to bed until you solved that last minute problem? Do you try and automate your code to make life easier? Do you go to technology Meetups to connect with your peers? Do you love sharing and explaining the technology that you have built? If any of these sounds like you then Mirantis has a home for you and your killer skills.
The Mirantis Solution Architecture team is a team of individuals that collectively can solve any problem from storage, networking, or compute and have backgrounds from service providers to leading technology vendors. We are constantly building and testing new solutions and presenting them to and implementing at customers around the world. The Mirantis Solution Architecture team is the tip of the spear for the entire organization and we rely on you to build unparalleled relationships with our customers.
You’ll be charged with bringing new offerings to market, supporting sales, dazzling customers and delivering strategy and proof of concept engagements.
We are seeking for a customer-facing very hands-on advanced cloud technologists with a track record of success to join us in locations throughout Europe. With emphasis on successful open-source, software defined datacenter, virtualization, cloud, container management and infrastructure experience.
- Develop and deliver custom solutions and presentations, including advanced technical concepts, to key decision makers to address their business issues and needs
- Demonstrate technical hands-on expertise on a weekly basis in involved timely, technical PoCs that eventually lead to production
- Match Mirantis platform subscriptions and services to customer’s business and technical requirements
- Ensure that customer deliverables for projects are delivered on time, and with the highest quality level
- Build long-term business relationships and become a trusted and maintain customer contact from project conception to completion
- Acquire the technical and product skills required to meet customer requirements
- Provide feedback to product management and engineering
- Hands-on,technical, problem solver
- Development background a plus
- Linux expertise a must
- 2-5 years of proven commercial experience including roles in pre-sales or 5+ years as a Senior/Principal level engineer focusing on full stack infrastructure design and architecture
- Basic understanding of IP networking routing and network topologies
- Hands on experience with virtualization and exposure to cloud/ OpenStack
- Ability to quickly learn and understand new technologies used in the datacenter
- Familiarity and expert level knowledge with at least two in the following technologies:
OpenStack/AWS/GCP, Kubernetes, etcd, Puppet/ Ansible/ SaltStack, OpenVSwitch/Contrail/NSX/Nuage/Plumgrid/NFV, Ceph/Swift/ScaleIO/NAS, Microservice architectures, Golang, Python, Ruby, Bash
- Datacenter operations: provisioning, capacity planning, network design, storage design, OSS/BSS
- Ability to manage multiple issues and projects while maintaining a high level of detail.
- Experience managing customer relationship in consulting, account management, or direct support context
- Experience with public speaking, and giving pitches
- Ability to be productive in a globally distributed team through self-discipline and self-motivation
- Ability to lift 22kg
- Up to 50% travel with occasional trips to HQ or technology conferences