Mirantis helps enterprises move to the cloud on their terms, delivering a true cloud experience on any infrastructure, powered by Kubernetes. The company uses a unique as-a-service model empowering developers to build, share and run their applications anywhere – from public to hybrid cloud and to the edge. Mirantis serves many of the world’s leading enterprises, including Adobe, Cox Communications, DocuSign, Reliance Jio, STC, Vodafone, and Volkswagen.
Come join the UX evolution of Docker Enterprise products and beyond at Mirantis!
The Product Design and UX team is all about creating products for our users that are: simple, intuitive and visually engaging. The core of these products will be the Mirantis Design System (MDS) that requires a passionate Visual Designer to drive creating a system that all Mirantis product teams will use to build modern, consistent user interfaces. You’ll own the design-side of the platform defining components that are accessible and in harmony with the Mirantis brand. Collaboration will be essential in your partnership with fellow UX Designers, our MDS UI Architect, component Developers, product teams and Marketing.
- Understand the needs of our external customers and internal product teams consuming the design system
- Lead design sessions and reviews with stakeholders. Be an advocate for our users.
- Collaborate with our UX Designers and UI Architect to create a design system with standards and guidelines that are easy to apply
- Work closely with our UI Architect to prioritize requirements and establish a good release cadence to product teams
- Enable teams to create accessible products by creating an accessible design system
- Create a visual language with iconography, typography and a color palette within brand guidelines but meets the broader needs of applications to communicate with the user
- Design components with visuals and interactions that are clean and consistent
- Explore visualizations for showing metrics and allowing users to “see” their systems
- Create icons and graphics to engage users in our applications and further their understanding of the Mirantis/Enterprise product domain
- Deliver visual assets to developers that are ready to be plugged into production code
- Contribute to the design of specific products, growing more in that role as the design system reaches a steady state
- Clean, elegant and innovative design sense
- Understanding of design systems and accessibility standards
- 3+ years of professional visual design experience delivering web or desktop applications in production
- Solid foundation of user experience design processes and applying them when working with product teams
- Proficient with Figma, Sketch or Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience designing for Enterprise users, motion design, and mobile are pluses
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
What does Mirantis offer you?
- Work with an established Silicon Valley leader in the cloud infrastructure industry.
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues, helping Fortune 500 and Global 2000 customers implement next-generation cloud technologies.
- Be a part of cutting-edge, open-source innovation.
- Thrive in the high-energy environment of a young company where openness, collaboration, risk-taking, and continuous growth are valued.
- Receive a competitive compensation package with strong benefits plan.