Mirantis helps enterprises move to the cloud on their terms, delivering a true cloud experience on any infrastructure, powered by Kubernetes. The company uses a unique as-a-service model empowering developers to build, share and run their applications anywhere – from public to hybrid cloud and to the edge. Mirantis serves many of the world’s leading enterprises, including Adobe, DocuSign, Reliance Jio, STC, Vodafone, and Volkswagen.
Mirantis is adding a Sr. Networking Engineer to our networking team that is building and maintaining the networking backend for a next-generation, multi-tenant cluster management SaaS solution. The networking backend is an integral part of the system which allows components to communicate with each other when hosted on a variety of network topologies using a number of different operating systems. Working closely with product and other engineering teams, you will ensure world-class network capabilities in Mirantis’ products.
- The more knowledge you have of Linux the better. System calls, iptables rules and kernel features are the shoulders on which the Docker daemon stands.
- Use your in-depth understanding of TCP/IP stack, your hands on experience with container networking, and good grasp of networking concepts such as DNS and load-balancing.
- Leverage your knowledge of Virtual networking and SDNs.
- Design, architect, implement, and test frameworks, libraries, tools, and services.
- Participate in requirement, design, planning, and retrospective meetings.
- Review designs, architectures, implementations, API’s, and test plans.
- Act as a subject matter expert and evangelist within the company and broader community.
- Be an active maintainer of Mirantis projects by contributing code to open-source projects, helping the community, reviewing submissions, and participating in design decisions.
- Participate in product discussions, influence the roadmap, and take ownership and responsibility over new projects to make them happen.
- Be the technical reference to external partners and in-house engineering teams, provide support by sharing knowledge and/or taking on the development effort.
- Help lead Mirantis and the industry’s architectures and software stacks.
- Bachelors or Masters degree or equivalent in computer science or a related subject
- Systems programming experience in Go, Python, C or similar languages
- Debugging - particularly multi-process, multi-thread, distributed systems, RPC
- Networking: Ethernet, VXLAN, IP, TCP, DNS, TLS, HTTP, Routing
- Linux: containers, IPTables, CGroups, IPC, linux internals
- Packet capture analysis , TCP dump, wireshark
- Familiarity with some (not necessarily all) topics such as:
- Git, GitHub, Open source contribution.
- Remote working / working in a distributed multi-national team
- Automated testing/Test driven development
What does Mirantis offer you?
- Work with an established Silicon Valley leader in the cloud infrastructure industry.
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues, helping Fortune 500 and Global 2000 customers implement next-generation cloud technologies.
- Be a part of cutting-edge, open-source innovation.
- Thrive in the high-energy environment of a young company where openness, collaboration, risk-taking, and continuous growth are valued.
- Professional development and training.
- Attend conferences and working groups.
- Modern bright office, centrally located and close to public transportation.
- Enjoy snacks, drinks, and dinners (if working late).
- Customized workstation (macOS, Windows, Linux).
- Company outings, happy hours, hackathons, and tech talks.
- Receive a competitive compensation package with strong benefits plan and stock options.