Mirantis helps enterprises move to the cloud on their terms, delivering a true cloud experience on any infrastructure, powered by Kubernetes. The company uses a unique as-a-service model empowering developers to build, share and run their applications anywhere – from public to hybrid cloud and to the edge. Mirantis serves many of the world’s leading enterprises, including Adobe, Cox Communications, DocuSign, Reliance Jio, STC, Vodafone, and Volkswagen.
Mirantis is adding a Solution Architect to our team! The Solutions Architect for Mirantis Professional Services initiatives provides the opportunity to change the world of software development for one of the fastest-growing application platforms in the industry.
By applying your architecture experience in a Docker Enterprise environment, you will support and enable successful adoption of the Docker Enterprise platform, working directly with our top enterprise customers and partners. You will work collaboratively with our Sales, Engineering, Product Management organizations and will serve as an advocate for our customers within Mirantis. This position provides technical guidance and support throughout the entire sales cycle.
Key Outcomes of this Role:
- Docker technologies and the Docker Enterprise platform are successfully incorporated into the development and deployment environments of customers with on-prem, public cloud and/or hybrid cloud environments.
- Early adopter customers become Docker technology advocates and public references.
- Equipped and enabled service delivery ecosystem of partners.
- Work onsite with strategic, enterprise-class customers, delivering solutions architecture consulting, technical guidance, knowledge transfer and establish “trusted advisor status”.
- Lead proof of concept and pilot implementations of the Docker Enterprise platform within key customer accounts.
- Present Docker Enterprise platform strategy, concepts, and roadmap to technical leaders with the customer’s organization.
- Serve as the customer advocate to other Docker teams including Product Development, Sales, and Marketing.
- Help enable partners to develop service delivery skills through mentorship, training, engagement shadowing, etc.
- Help propagate skills and experience through the development of repeatable assets (methodologies, blueprints, tools, white papers, knowledge articles, etc.).
- 8+ years of consultative customer-facing architecture and post-sales experience.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience with the virtualization and cloud services (VMWare, Azure, AWS, GCP, Digital Ocean, etc).
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows architecture and tools.
- Understanding of key DevOps concepts and tools (automation, continuous integration and continuous deployment(CICD), configuration management, serverless architecture).
- Experience with key web, networking, storage, security protocols (HTTP(S), TCP/IP, DNS, SSL/TLS, AD/LDAP, NFS, SAN, NAS..etc).
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers.
- MUST live in Houston, Texas area
What does Mirantis offer you?
- Work with an established Silicon Valley leader in the cloud infrastructure industry.
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues, helping Fortune 500 and Global 2000 customers implement next-generation cloud technologies.
- Be a part of cutting-edge, open-source innovation.
- Thrive in the high-energy environment of a young company where openness, collaboration, risk-taking, and continuous growth are valued.
- Receive a competitive compensation package with strong benefits plan and stock options.