Mirantis helps enterprises move to the cloud on their terms, delivering a true cloud experience on any infrastructure, powered by Kubernetes. The company uses a unique as-a-service model empowering developers to build, share and run their applications anywhere – from public to hybrid cloud and to the edge. Mirantis serves many of the world’s leading enterprises, including Adobe, Cox Communications, DocuSign, Reliance Jio, STC, Vodafone, and Volkswagen.
Mirantis is adding an Sr. DevOps Engineer to our Tools and Release Engineering team! You will be taking a lead role in helping to define and build out Mirantis core tools and release pipelines. Working closely with program managers and engineering you will create a self serve infrastructure to enable the success of our product releases.
- Work with other teams at Mirantis to provide recommendations and best practices for build and release pipelines.
- Setup and maintain Jenkins clusters.
- Connect GitHub repository webhooks with Jenkins jobs.
- Make it easier for engineering to use and contribute to pipelines
- Reduce tooling failures to 0, reducing release times
- Create and maintain dashboards to show builds in flight
- Develop deterministic builds and triggering
- Participate in patch releases and major release support
- Improve automated upgrade testing frameworks
- Enhance monitoring, logging and metrics gathering
- Build system testing capabilities for performance, capacity, and longevity testing
- Design, architect, implement, and test frameworks, libraries, tools, and services.
- Participate in requirement, design, planning, and retrospective meetings.
- Review designs, architectures, implementations, API’s, and test plans.
- Act as a subject matter expert and evangelist within the company.
- Be the technical resource to external partners and in-house engineering teams for tools and releasing engineering, provide support by sharing knowledge and/or taking on the development effort.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience with a desire to build dependable build and release pipelines.
- Strong experience with Jenkins
- Strong with Linux operating systems.
- Strong scripting skills (BASH, Groovy, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Proficient with cloud environments: AWS/GCP/Azure
- Experience with configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, Salt, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience with instrumenting and utilizing monitoring tools for determining a health status of a system (Prometheus, Grafana, etc.)
- Familiar with Kubernetes and providing best practices in setup and deployment.
- Provides constructive feedback in a PR
- Compatible working with others on a common task in an Agile environment.
- Proficient software development experience (some of: Go, Python, Java, C/C++, ...).
- Interest or exposure to Kubernetes
- Strong Linux fundamentals and experience working with linux distributions.
- Familiarity with test driven development (TDD).
- Good communication skills, a sense of diplomacy, and a genuine eagerness to help others.
What does Mirantis offer you?
- Work with an established Silicon Valley leader in the cloud infrastructure industry.
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues, helping Fortune 500 and Global 2000 customers implement next-generation cloud technologies.
- Be a part of cutting-edge, open-source innovation.
- Thrive in the high-energy environment of a young company where openness, collaboration, risk-taking, and continuous growth are valued.
- Professional development and training.
- Attend conferences and working groups.
- Modern bright office, centrally located and close to public transportation.
- Enjoy snacks, drinks, and dinners (if working late).
- Customized workstation (macOS, Windows, Linux).
- Company outings, happy hours, hackathons, and tech talks.
- Receive a competitive compensation package with strong benefits plan.