Mirantis helps enterprises move to the cloud on their terms, delivering a true cloud experience on any infrastructure, powered by Kubernetes. The company uses a unique as-a-service model empowering developers to build, share and run their applications anywhere – from public to hybrid cloud and to the edge. Mirantis serves many of the world’s leading enterprises, including Adobe, Cox Communications, DocuSign, Reliance Jio, STC, Vodafone, and Volkswagen.
Mirantis is adding a Human Resources Generalist to our team! In this role you will be supporting all Mirantis employees and contractors in the US, Canada, China, Australia, India and Japan. Responsive to inquiries from employees to provide information and resolve issues. You will assist in the development and implementation of human resource policies, processes and human resource programs. You are proactive, a team player, an employee advocate and committed to enhancing the employee experience.
The role reports to the Human Resource Manager who is based at our Campbell Office. This position does require some travel between offices in the Bay Area.
- Manage and maintain all facets of the onboarding cycle for office ensuring timely processing and compliance: New Hire paperwork, HRIS processing and management, administering I-9s & E-Verify and payroll coordination.
- Manage and maintain the offboarding cycle for all voluntary terminations for our Austin office by preparing all paperwork and assisting with exit interviews.
- Manage and maintain all employee changes by processing all required paperwork and ensuring employee records are updated both within the HRIS and file system.
- Maintain all employee files for our Austin office by performing quarterly audits to ensure proper document retention and compliance.
- Implement policies and assist with ensuring they are carried out and brainstorming ideas for greater efficiency and success.
- Build trust with Leaders and provide HR guidance on everything from policies, organizational planning, performance management, etc.
- Partner with HR Manager with the implementation of projects including the employee satisfaction and pulse surveys to analyze data and provide recommendations.
- Perform benefits administration including change reporting, auditing and approving invoices for payment, open enrollment, and communicating benefit information to employees, all while providing exceptional service.
- Partner with Accounts Payable on coordination and reconciliation of payroll data prior to transmission.
- Work closely with employees and candidates in navigating the immigration and relocation process as a subject matter expert. Assist with non-immigrant and immigrant visa filings, including H-1B, L-1, PERM case.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance and partner with legal as needed.
- Various Administrative duties, as needed.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s in human resources or another related field.
- 2-5 years HR Generalist experience.
- Solid understanding of HR best practices, policies, procedures, and compliance.
- HRIS experience (NetSuite or Paylocity is a plus).
- Experience working in companies with multiple geographical locations across the globe.
- Possessing sound judgement and a strong business acumen.
- Stellar leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with executive leadership, candidates and employees professionally.
- Google Suite experience.
- A self-starter, highly motivated and excited to help build Mirantis’ s growing team.
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to keep up with business demands.
- A strong communicator (both written and verbal) and comfortable engaging in conversation.
- A problem solver who takes charge and is able to generate solutions.
- Detail-Oriented and take great pride in your work.
- Organized and have demonstrated the ability to prioritize and deliver work in a timely manner.
- Coachable and open to feedback.
- Be Bold, assume Ownership, Keep it Simple, Stay Focused, Do it Together, Be a Friend.
What does Mirantis offer you?
- Work with an established Silicon Valley leader in the cloud infrastructure industry.
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues, helping Fortune 500 and Global 2000 customers implement next-generation cloud technologies.
- Be a part of cutting-edge, open-source innovation.
- Thrive in the high-energy environment of a young company where openness, collaboration, risk-taking, and continuous growth are valued.
- Receive a competitive compensation package with strong benefits plan and stock options.