Mirantis helps enterprises move to the cloud on their terms, delivering a true cloud experience on any infrastructure, powered by Kubernetes. The company uses a unique as-a-service model empowering developers to build, share and run their applications anywhere – from public to hybrid cloud and to the edge. Mirantis serves many of the world’s leading enterprises, including Adobe, Cox Communications, DocuSign, Reliance Jio, STC, Vodafone, and Volkswagen.
Mirantis is adding an Associate Accountant - Revenue Operations to our team! You will help ensure that Mirantis makes sound financial decisions. You will provide financial support and analysis in budgeting and resource planning. You will also build financial models to help leadership make business decisions related to new product launches. You will interface with cross-functional peers and managers and will have an opportunity to contribute across various business challenges.
- Full accounts receivable (AR) cycle from order to cash:
- Customer setup and onboarding.
- Customer credit application.
- Collect, organize and maintain sales contracts and purchase orders (POs).
- Process contract in Salesforce and create sales order in NetSuite for approval.
- Process Billings.
- Send out monthly customer statements.
- Collections including sending collection letters to at risk accounts.
- Respond to customer inquiries and resolve discrepancy.
- Perform quarterly cash collection forecasts on a weekly basis.
- Cash application and assist in AR cash reconciliation.
- Month/quarter/year end closing:
- Responsible for timely billing and AR related accounts closing per closing schedules.
- Performs AR aging reconciliation and bad debt allowance analysis and reconciliation.
- Reconcile invoices to bookings.
- Assists in audit.
- Cross-functions activities:
- Support sales team on vendor setup per customer’s requirement including accounting related inquiries.
- Work with PM for service related billing and POD (proof of delivery) documentation.
- Work with Training Department for training bookings, billings and revenue reconciliation.
- Perform various analyses, ad hoc reports and projects as directed by the Revenue Manager.
- Assist in sales and excise taxes compliance and filing.
- Assist in applying domestic/foreign tax applications related to AR.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in revenue accounting.
- Experience of working for an international company (preferably software) is plus.
- Understanding US GAAP and accounting processes.
- Experience with ERP software (preferably NetSuite) and CRM software (preferably Salesforce).
- Competency in MS Office.
- Demonstrate analytical and organization skills.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and aptitude for numbers.
- Proven oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with people at different levels in the organization and from different departments.
- Strong work ethic, ability to adapt to rapidly-changing environments.
What does Mirantis offer you?
- Work with an established Silicon Valley leader in the cloud infrastructure industry.
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues, helping Fortune 500 and Global 2000 customers implement next-generation cloud technologies.
- Be a part of cutting-edge, open-source innovation.
- Thrive in the high-energy environment of a young company where openness, collaboration, risk-taking, and continuous growth are valued.
- Receive a competitive compensation package with strong benefits plan and stock options.