Mirantis helps enterprises move to the cloud on their terms, delivering a true cloud experience on any infrastructure, powered by Kubernetes. The company uses a unique as-a-service model empowering developers to build, share and run their applications anywhere – from public to hybrid cloud and to the edge. Mirantis serves many of the world’s leading enterprises, including Adobe, Cox Communications, DocuSign, Reliance Jio, STC, Vodafone, and Volkswagen.
Mirantis is adding a Technical Account Manager to our team! You will apply your enterprise technical and consultative expertise to help ensure our customers successfully adopt the Docker platform and achieve their stated business goals. You will work hand-in-hand with our Sales team, Docker Engineering, Product Management and Customer Success organizations and will serve as an advocate for our customers within Docker.
Key Outcomes of this Role:
- High levels of enterprise customer satisfaction through technical reviews designed to share knowledge, known best practices for Docker Enterprise, and to identify and prevent issues
A Typical Day Includes:
- Meet virtually or in-person with your customers to discuss the latest release of Docker, best practices in container security, or migration to a new version
- Research a customer’s use-case, so that you can translate customer business requirements into technical requirements
- Advocate for product enhancements with Engineering & Product Management to solve customer challenges
- Present to technical executives and directors on the Docker platform strategy, concepts, and roadmap
- Coordinate critical support issues and provide context and continuity across different teams that interface with your customers
- Author technical content such as white papers, knowledge base articles, or demos to leverage your field experience across customers and partners
- Leverage best practices for Docker Enterprise to guide customers to a sustainable, scalable Docker environment
- Strategic Enterprise Customers - Architects, Engineers, and Executives
- Docker Engineering & Product Management
- Docker Customer Success
- Docker Service Delivery Partners
- Docker Sales & Sales Engineers
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of consultative customer-facing technical ability and pre or post technical -sales experience
- Experience in managing customer relationships
- Experience with the virtualization and cloud services (VMWare, Azure, AWS, GCP, etc)
- Ability to solve technical problems and translate customer experience to actionable feedback for engineering
- Experience in Linux and/or Windows Server administration
- Ability to travel to customer locations, approximately 20-30% expected travel
- Experience interfacing with technical support, guiding product management, and project managing customer technology deployments
- Understanding of Docker and the container ecosystem
- Experience with infrastructure layers such as networking, storage, security, and operating systems
- Understanding or experience with DevOps concepts and tools (continuous integration and deployment, configuration management, serverless architecture, etc.)
What does Mirantis offer you?
- Work with an established Silicon Valley leader in the cloud infrastructure industry.
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues, helping Fortune 500 and Global 2000 customers implement next-generation cloud technologies.
- Be a part of cutting-edge, open-source innovation.
- Thrive in the high-energy environment of a young company where openness, collaboration, risk-taking, and continuous growth are valued.
- Receive a competitive compensation package with strong benefits plan and stock options.