We are transforming the cloud computing industry and you will be helping us lead the charge. As our Federal Government Account Executive at Mirantis, you will develop and execute a strategic and comprehensive business plan for the Federal territory, including identifying target departments of the government, government integrators/partners, and mapping the benefits of OpenStack to Federal agencies requirements. You will identify a partner to assist with Government contracting issues and will make recommendations around required product certifications. You will take full responsibility for accurate forecasting, regular quarterly revenue delivery, and facilitation of sales enablement and regulate the implementation of agreed account and business plans. Your overall focus areas will be in prospecting, developing business, responding to RFP's, developing proposals for presentation to customers, and selling Services and Products. Cross-functional teams from Mirantis’ Marketing, Solutions Engineering, Professional Services, and Product Development functions will provide support and tools for you to leverage to attain and exceed sales performance goals.
- Pipeline Generation- acquire new customers by calling into high levels within government agencies and networking with government integrators.
- Participates in campaigns, conferences, works with marketing team to understand new offerings and leads in assigned region, generates leads independently and follows-up appropriately
- Solution Selling – consults with clients to determine their needs and works with application sales specialists to generate multi-product/service solutions. Takes initiative to learn new offers and products, as they become available. Able to apply technical knowledge in business development efforts
- Proposal/Presentation Generation: incorporates executive summary, ROI analysis, and solution design to develop customer-specific proposals and presentations.
- Develop Scope of Work – works with the customer and engineering team to define and document the project scope
- Relationship Management – develops and manages relationships with current clients to develop additional business as well as ensure a high level of client satisfaction
- Accurate Forecasting – captures activity information on a timely basis as client interactions occur to ensure accurate product and services forecasting
- Advanced selling skills with a demonstrated track record of selling into the Federal government. 10+ years selling experience to Federal government agencies and integrators.
- Market knowledge (i.e. industry knowledge relevant to the Federal government vertical) and technical knowledge are necessary.
- Must possess the business experience to analyze client business requirements and develop creative solutions as well as utilize technical resources to complete an accurate and technically assured sales order.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to accept constructive criticism; and ability to maintain and develop positive team cohesiveness
- Work constructively across cultural boundaries in a globally distributed organization
What We Offer
- Work with a Silicon Valley based company with established leaders in their industry
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues
- Be a part of cutting edge of open-source innovation since Linux
- High-energy atmosphere of a young company, competitive compensation package with strong benefits plan and stock options
- Lots of freedom for creativity and personal growth