Mirantis is an open cloud company focused on harnessing open source innovation to help enterprise application owners become free of infrastructure and operations concerns. The company employs a unique build-operate-transfer approach to deliver distinct product:
- Mirantis Cloud Platform based on OpenStack and Kubernetes that helps service providers and enterprises run highly tunable private clouds powered by infrastructure-as-code and based on open standards.
Mirantis is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to participate in developing networking software - Magma project started and developed by Facebook.
Magma is an open-sourcing a software platform that is helping operators to deploy mobile networks quickly and easily. Magma provides a software-centric distributed mobile packet core and tools for automating network management.
- Develop and maintain software components of Magma platform
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and isolate problem areas within entire application flow, investigate the underlying cause and implement solutions
- Design/Implement/improve software features of high quality and on schedule.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in software development and testing
- 2+ years of experience with Go/Python development in Unix/Linux environment
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Knowledge of Linux kernel internals
- Strong knowledge in software architecture, data structures, modern design patterns, microservice
- Experience with shell scripting including tools such as awk, grep and sed.
- Experience with development or deployment applications to K8s
- Highly motivated, positive, detail-oriented and responsible
- Good team player and good communication skills
- Upper-Intermediate written and spoken English
- Experience with development or deployment applications to AWS, GCP or so
- Knowledge in Wireless networking technologies (3gpp stack, WiFi)
- Experience with issue-tracking systems: Jira, etc.
- Work with an established Silicon Valley leader in the cloud infrastructure industry.
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues, helping Fortune 500 and Global 2000 customers implement next-generation cloud technologies.
- Be a part of cutting-edge, open-source innovation.
- Thrive in the high-energy environment of a young company where openness, collaboration, risk-taking, and continuous growth are valued.
- Competitive compensation package with strong benefits plan.