Mirantis is an open cloud company focused on harnessing open source innovation to help enterprise application owners become free of infrastructure and operations concerns. The company employs a unique build-operate-transfer approach to deliver distinct product:
- Mirantis Cloud Platform based on OpenStack and Kubernetes that helps service providers and enterprises run highly tunable private clouds powered by infrastructure-as-code and based on open standards.
Mirantis is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to participate in developing networking software - Magma project started and developed by Facebook.
Magma is an open-sourcing a software platform that is helping operators to deploy mobile networks quickly and easily. Magma provides a software-centric distributed mobile packet core and tools for automating network management.
- Hands-on programming experience with at least one of these languages: C/C++, GO in a Linux environment,
- Hands-on networking product development experience,
- Knowledge of Linux kernel networking,
- Knowledge of L2 switching, L3 routing and 4G LTE/EPC protocols,
- Knowledge of SDN and NFV, including x86 software data path technologies (e.g., OVS),
- Knowledge of data plane features: QoS, DPI, policy enforcement,
- Knowledge of IMS, Messaging Services
- 2+ years of progressive experience in software development and testing
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Background in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, and distributed programming
- Upper-Intermediate written and spoken English
- Knowledge in Networking technologies (L2/L3 switching, VLANs, SDN)
- Knowledge in Wireless networking technologies (LTE, WiFi)
- Experience influencing software engineers with best practices
- Experience with issue-tracking systems: Jira, etc.
- Work with an established Silicon Valley leader in the cloud infrastructure industry.
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues, helping Fortune 500 and Global 2000 customers implement next-generation cloud technologies.
- Be a part of cutting-edge, open-source innovation.
- Thrive in the high-energy environment of a young company where openness, collaboration, risk-taking, and continuous growth are valued.
- Competitive compensation package with strong benefits plan.