Mirantis delivers open cloud infrastructure to top enterprises using OpenStack, Kubernetes and related open source technologies. The company is a major contributor of code to many open infrastructure projects and follows a build-operate-transfer model to deliver its Mirantis Cloud Platform and cloud management services, empowering customers to take advantage of open source innovation with no vendor lock-in.
Mirantis is adding a DevOps Engineer to our Storage Team! We are looking for a talented and inquisitive engineer, who strive to provide best clustered storage experience to customers. You will be working internally with our product development, cloud operations and engineering teams to define enhancements and automations to our products and get the thing done!
If you’re passionate about open source software, Mirantis is the place for you!
- Integrate Ceph into our core products (Kubernetes-as-a-Service, Openstack, MCP)
- Maintain our current, and shape our future Ceph LCM tooling
- Advise our most complex customers
- Work with upstream open source communities
- Participate in on-call product support rotation
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3+ years of Linux system administration experience
- Hands-on Ceph experience
- Practical experience with configuration management and deployment tools (Puppet, Salt, Ansible)
- Fluent in Python or Go
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker
- Good understanding of networking concepts and protocols
- Experience with Ceph, Rook
- Experience with databases and message brokers (MySQL, Galera, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ)
- Experience configuring, customizing, and extending monitoring tools (Nagios, Prometheus, Zabbix)
- Experience with other Software Defined Storage systems
- Experience with Enterprise Storage Systems (DellEMC/NetApp/HDS etc)
- Practical experience of deploying and administering OpenStack
- Production Operations experience
- Contributing to upstream Open Source projects
- High-energy atmosphere of a young company
- Build large scale, innovative systems for mission-critical use
- Collaborate with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues
- Competitive compensation package
- Strong benefits plan (you will decide how to spend your budget)
- Flexible working schedule - possibility to work from home.
- Lots of freedom for creativity and personal growth.