Mirantis is an open cloud company focused on harnessing open source innovation to help enterprise application owners become free of infrastructure and operations concerns. The company employs a unique build-operate-transfer approach to deliver two distinct products:
- Mirantis Cloud Platform based on OpenStack and Kubernetes that helps services providers and enterprises run highly tunable private clouds powered by infrastructure-as-code and based on open standards.
- Mirantis Application Platform based on Spinnaker that helps enterprises adopt cloud native continuous delivery to realize cloud ROI at scale.
To date, Mirantis has helped more than 200 enterprises and service providers build and operate some of the largest open clouds in the world. Its customers include iconic brands such as Adobe, AT&T, Comcast, Reliance Jio, State Farm, STC, Vodafone, Volkswagen, and Wells Fargo. Learn more at www.mirantis.com.
Mirantis, Inc. is looking for a Senior Manager, FP&A and Budgeting you will help ensure that Mirantis makes sound financial decisions. You will provide financial support and analysis in budgeting and resource planning. You will also build financial models to help leadership make business decisions related to new product launches. You will interface with cross-functional peers and managers and will have an opportunity to contribute across various business challenges.
- Complex financial modeling development / improvement / maintenance
- Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions (actual/budget), sales results and the company’s actual performance compared to the budget.
- Develop trends and projections for the company’s finances
- Manage the preparation of the company’s budget
- Detailed analysis and commentary on cost centre’s results
- Work closely with Sales and Service teams on their goals and forecasts
- Monitor key performance metrics relevant to the Company operations and provide insights into drivers of bookings, revenue, and expenses, as well as risks and opportunities
- Establish regular cadence with business partners for monthly budget vs actual analysis, headcount reporting, monthly and quarterly expense forecast updates, annual planning, and special projects
- Monitor the project administration and track project margins versus budget
- Be involved in the hiring process and keep track of headcount
- Lead the development and implementation of tools, systems and processes to support the successful completion of timely and accurate forecasts
- Analyze data, identify trends and associated action plans to drive improvements in the business
- Provide ongoing communication and collaboration with departmental staff and management.
- Assist in identifying and implementing financial and operationally relevant Key Performance Indicators within the Company
- Proactively analyze the financial stability (profitability) of individual accounts (clients), identify drivers and make recommendations
- Deliver account level P&L’s for each of our top level accounts
- Establish and maintain various reusable reporting templates
- Maintain a working knowledge of current principles and methodologies in financial reporting; profit planning, cost accounting and profitability analysis best-practices as they apply to service organizations
Qualifications / Requirements
- BA/BS degree in business or related field required, MBA a plus
- Proven experience as a Financial Manager
- Analytical background working directly in an FP&A environment
- Experience in the software sector with previous possible roles such as financial analyst/manager is a plus
- Proficient user of finance software (Adaptive Planning and NetSuite will be a big plus)
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, PowerPoint, outlook, and access
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Excels at operating in a fast pace and diverse environment
- Collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Persuasive with details and facts
- High comfort level working in a matrix environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking and demonstrations