Human Resource Generalist / Payroll and Admin Support
This role is responsible for implementing human resource programs and be the main contact person for office administration at the Austin Office. This position is responsive to inquiries from employees to provide information and resolve issues and assists in development and implementation of human resource policies. You are proactive, a team player, an employee advocate and committed to enhancing the employee experience.
The role reports to the Senior Generalist of Human Resources who is based at our Campbell Office.
- Manage and maintain all facets of the onboarding cycle for our Austin office ensuring timely processing and compliance: New Hire paperwork, HRIS processing and management, administering I-9s & E-Verify and Payroll coordination.
- Manage and maintain the offboarding cycle for all voluntary terminations for our Austin office by preparing all paperwork and assisting with exit interviews.
- Manage and maintain all employee changes by processing all required paperwork and ensuring employee records are updated both within the HRIS and file system.
- Maintain all employee files for our Austin office by performing quarterly audits to ensure proper document retention and compliance.
- Implement policies and assist with ensuring they are carried out while generating ideas for greater efficiency and success.
- Build trust with Leaders and provide HR guidance on everything from policies, organizational planning, performance management, etc.
- Partner with Sr.HR Generalist with projects including the employee satisfaction and pulse surveys to analyze data and provide recommendations.
- Perform benefits administration including change reporting, auditing and approving invoices for payment, open enrollment, and communicating benefit information to employees, all while providing exceptional service.
- Partner with AP on coordination and reconciliation of payroll data prior to transmission.
- Work closely with employees and candidates in navigating the immigration and relocation process as a subject matter expert. Assist with non-immigrant and immigrant visa filings, including H-1B, L-1, PERM case.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance and partner with legal as needed.
- Various Administrative duties, as needed.
- A self-starter, highly motivated and excited to help build Mirantis’s growing team.
- Comfortable to work both independently as the sole representative in Austin and collaboratively with Headquarters and the Global People Operations team.
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to keep up with business demands.
- A strong communicator (both written and verbal) and comfortable engaging in conversation.
- A problem solver who takes charge and is able to generate solutions.
- Detail-Oriented and take great pride in your work.
- Organized and have demonstrated the ability to prioritize and deliver work in a timely manner.
- Coachable and open to feedback.
- Be Bold, assume Ownership, Keep it Simple, Stay Focused, Do it Together, Be a Friend.
- Bachelors in Human Resources or another related field.
- HR experience in a start-up environment.
- 2-5 years HR Generalist experience.
- Solid understanding of HR best practices, policies, procedures, and compliance.
- HRIS experience is a must (NetSuite or Paylocity is a plus).
- Experience working in companies with multiple geographical locations across the globe, possessing sound judgement and a strong business acumen.
- Stellar leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with executive leadership, candidates and employees professionally and efficiently.
- Google Suite experience.
It’s an exciting time to be at Mirantis. We are an open cloud company focused on harnessing open source innovation to help enterprise application owners become free of infrastructure and operations concerns. To date, Mirantis has helped more than 200 enterprises and service providers build and operate some of the largest open clouds in the world. Its customers include iconic brands such as Adobe, AT&T, Comcast, Reliance Jio, State Farm, STC, Vodafone, Volkswagen, and Wells Fargo.
We are poised as a unique company that scales across numerous geographical locations in an atmosphere of global multi-culturalism working with our target clients in the US, Japan, India and Germany to name a few helping make them successful at scale. Learn more at www.mirantis.com.