Mirantis is the leading global provider of Software and Services for OpenStack ™, a massively scalable and feature-rich Open Source Cloud Operating System. OpenStack is used by hundreds of companies, including AT&T, Cisco, HP, Internap, NASA, Dell, GE, and many more.
As a leading global provider, Mirantis offers the leading OpenStack technology platform coupled by unique, cost-effective global services delivery model founded on years of deep software engineering experience for demanding Fortune 1000 companies.
Mirantis is inviting enthusiastic OpenContrail Network Engineers, who will be extending OpenStack to support enterprise-grade private IaaS platforms for company's customers. We need talented engineers, who are willing to work on intersection of IT and software engineering, be passionate about open-source and not afraid of maintaining huge codebase, written by best developers in the area.
- Operational troubleshooting, restore, and permanent resolution for cloud environments (Kubernetes and OpenStack)
- Troubleshooting Contrail clusters, OpenStack, and Kubernetes, help to determine the root cause of the problem in workloads (platform or application)
- Resolve SDN issues based on Open Contrail
- Troubleshooting and fixing bugs for cloud platforms
- Lead troubleshooting activities across several different teams and vendors
- Perform and document for Root Cause Analysis including providing recommendations to prevent recurrence of the issue
- Ability to clearly describe an issue, a root cause and next steps to multiple audiences (both technical and nontechnical)
- Deep understanding and experience in Networking domains (layers 2 - 7)
- Excellent Linux system administration and troubleshooting skills (Ubuntu preferred)
- Familiar with XMPP, If-Map, BGP, DHCP protocols, MPLS, OpenvFlow
- Experience using practical troubleshooting skills and understanding of logs and log files based program behaviour for reactive restore and proactive long term solution findings
- Experience with OpenStack and/or Kubernetes
- Good understanding of Cloud concepts
- Good knowledge of Python
Nice to have:
- Experience with Open Contrail is big plus
- Experience working with virtualization (KVM, VMWare) and containerization (Kubernetes, Docker) solutions
- Understanding of NAS/SAN
- Awareness of distributed file systems (Gluster, Ceph) and distributed key value storage (etcd, zookeeper)
- Experience with configuring and extending monitoring tools (Nagios, Zabbix, Grafana. Kibana, Elasticsearch)
- Experience working with configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible, MaaS).
- Experience of deploying and extending of OpenStack and Kubernetes is a plus
- Familiarity with any or all of the following: Open Contrail, MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, InfluxDB, Postgres, LMA
- Experience of working with and maintaining large Python codebases
- Production experience is a plus