Mirantis is the flexible infrastructure company, harnessing open source to free application owners from operations concerns. The company employs a unique build-operate-transfer approach to deliver two distinct products:
- Mirantis Cloud Platform, which is based on Kubernetes and OpenStack and helps services providers and enterprises run highly tunable private clouds powered by infrastructure-as-code and based on open standards.
- Mirantis Application Platform, which is based on Spinnaker and helps enterprises adopt cloud native continuous delivery to realize cloud ROI at scale.
To date, Mirantis has helped more than 200 enterprises and service providers build and operate some of the largest open clouds in the world. Its customers include iconic brands such as Adobe, AT&T, Comcast, Reliance Jio, State Farm, STC, Vodafone, Volkswagen, and Wells Fargo. Learn more at www.mirantis.com.
If you’re an ambitious OpenStack Deployment Engineer who thrives on getting challenging, real-world problems solved with a smart and motivated team, you want to work at Mirantis.
- Plan and deploy OpenStack computing clouds for our customers.
- Facilitate knowledge transfer to the customers during deployment projects.
- Work with the Mirantis back-end teams to resolve issues and improve our processes.
- Contribute to Mirantis’ deployment knowledge base.
- Integrate and implement supporting technologies such as open source monitoring tools.
- Execute orderly handoff to Mirantis’ support team at end of projects.
- Solid Linux system administration and troubleshooting skills.
- Good understanding of networking technologies and protocols.
- Excellent understanding of Linux networking stack and tools.
- Working experience with configuration management frameworks (e.g., Puppet, Chef).
- Knowledge of virtualization platforms (KVM/XEN/LXC/VMWare) and understanding of the pros and cons of different types of virtualization.
- Extensive scripting and programming experience (e.g., Shell, Python, Perl).
- Working experience with OpenStack and/or CloudStack, VMWare vDirector or other cloud management frameworks (deployment, configuration, operations).
- Experience with orchestration frameworks for cluster management (SaltStack, mCollective)
- Knowledge of open-source storage solutions and distributed file systems.
- Experience working with Linux HA stack: pacemaker, corosync, keepalived
- Good understanding of network gear and ability to configure switches and routers from different manufacturers
- Good understanding of server hardware and experience deploying and configuring servers include IPMI/DRAC/ILO, Bios, Raid, etc.
What We Offer
- Work in Silicon Valley with the established leader in OpenStack solutions.
- Partner with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues.
- Implement cloud solutions for some of the best known brands in the industry for use in mission critical applications.
- High-energy atmosphere of a young company, competitive compensation package with strong benefits plan and stock options.
- Environment that fosters creativity and personal growth.