Mirantis delivers open cloud infrastructure to top enterprises using OpenStack, Kubernetes and related open source technologies. The company is a major contributor of code to many open infrastructure projects and follows a build-operate-transfer model to deliver Mirantis Cloud Platform and cloud management services, empowering customers to take advantage of open source innovation with no vendor lock-in.
Mirantis is looking for an energetic Technical Project Manager for Open Cloud projects, who will be working on an implementation of OpenStack based clouds for multiple customers. If you’re an ambitious Technical PM and thrive on getting tough, real-world problems solved with a smart, motivated team, you want to work here.
- Work closely with our customer to define how implementation of open cloud solutions will increase their business agility;
- Work daily with project stakeholders, architects, and offshore engineering team;
- Mitigate risks to make sure that the current deliverables will help achieve strategic goals;
- Provide complete visibility on the project through reporting and status meeting with senior management;
- Define KPIs and collect metrics which show the picture of project execution;
- Actively participate in open source community including contributions based on deliverables made during the projects
- Excellent communicator with the focus on achieving customer’s business goals;
- Reasonably technical and understand cloud computing domain (primarily IaaS and PaaS space);
- Detail oriented and have an ability to track project execution;
- Know management practices and development methodologies but can adjust the process to what will work to get things done;
- Understand the challenges of working in a distributed environment with multiple teams working on different problems;
- Understand how to navigate through the complex structure of enterprise organizations to get things done.
- Travel availability - 50%
- Very good English, Russian and Chinese languages skills.
Will be a plus:
- Have background in Infrastructure, Networking, Data Center Management or related fields;
- Hands-on experience with Linux and virtualization.
What We Offer:
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues;
- High-energy atmosphere
- Competitive compensation package and strong benefits plan;
- Flexible working hours;
- Lots of freedom for creativity and personal growth.