Mirantis delivers open cloud infrastructure to top enterprises using OpenStack, Kubernetes and related open source technologies. The company is a major contributor of code to many open infrastructure projects and follows a build-operate-transfer model to deliver Mirantis Cloud Platform and cloud management services, empowering customers to take advantage of open source innovation with no vendor lock-in.
We are looking for talented System Engineer to our Training Team who will take charge of Lab Management for Mirantis Certification and Hands-on training exercises as part of the Mirantis Training curriculum. You will be working with training, development and support teams on improving the certifications, labs and the overall quality process. An ideal candidate will be open minded and be able to learn new technologies quickly with full support of our experienced engineers and instructors.
What you will do:
- Develop and maintain training labs infrastructure on bare metal (Ubuntu & KVM), AWS, Azure and Openstack
- Develop and maintain solutions for automated lab provisioning
- Review and fix lab content (technologies like Openstack, Kubernetes, Spinnaker & Mirantis Cloud Platform)
- Support building lab exercises and create lab content for course
- Verify end-to-end lab functionality and performance prior to production deployment
- Maintain, build and finalize releases of lab environments, presentations and lab docs and training records
- Test lab workflow to ensure they are ready for use
- Schedule and track cloud & bare metal lab usage
- Manage day-to-day student interaction with labs
- Practical administration experience in Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu) as a server platform. Required experience with Linux operating system itself as well as with production level software and hardware.
- Hands-on administration experience in networks
- Clear understanding of modern and currently used network protocols and processes running on each of network layers
- Knowledge of bash scripting
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot code written in Python and Groovy
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- English language on an intermediate level
- Open minded and readiness for learning
Will be a plus:
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, etc.
- High-energy atmosphere of a young cloud company
- Build large scale, innovative systems for mission-critical use
- Collaborate with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues
- Competitive compensation package with strong benefits plan
- Lots of freedom for creativity and personal growth.