Mirantis delivers open cloud infrastructure to top enterprises using OpenStack, Kubernetes and related open source technologies. The company is a major contributor of code to many open infrastructure projects and follows a build-operate-transfer model to deliver Mirantis Cloud Platform and cloud management services, empowering customers to take advantage of open source innovation with no vendor lock-in.
We’re looking for a talented Security Engineer, who is passionate about building, developing, maintaining and constantly improving corporate security systems across all offices and datacenters; who loves to work with technical people and learn.
What you will do:
- Maintain and develop technical security measurements to protect distributed company’s infrastructure in accordance to industry’s best practices and international standards
- Manage security incidents in cooperation with team members in other locations using follow the sun model
- Collaborate with engineering teams and other members of IT group, including Compliance and Security staff.
- Deep understanding of modern security tools and practices, both on-prem and in public clouds;
- Good understanding of modern networks, IP routing, traffic filtering;
- Hands-on experience with firewalls, vulnerabilities scanners, VPNs, WAF, IDS/IPS, SIEM, MFA and similar systems in production;
- Awareness of security-related events - new vulnerabilities, exploits/patches, threats, attacks, etc. Proactive response to events that may impact company’s infrastructure;
- Experience with vulnerability scan tooling, audit planning, conducting and results interpreting;
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills;
- Basic Linux skills, preferably Redhat distros;
- Basic understanding of virtualization;
- Work collaboratively with team members, including remote;
Nice to have:
- Experience with Cisco routers and security appliances, Aruba wireless solutions, Vyatta/Vyos network OS;
- Experience in SOC, cyber forensics, pen-testing, security audits
- Ability to understand and adopt programming code (Python, Ruby, shell) and automation tooling scripts (Puppet, Ansible).
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues
- High-energy atmosphere of a young open-source friendly company
- Competitive compensation package with strong benefits plan
- Opportunity to make a difference in the world of cloud computing
- Flexible schedule, lots of freedom for creativity and personal growth.