Are you the type of architect that can’t go to bed until you solved that last minute problem? Do you try and automate your code to make life easier? Do you go to technology Meetups to connect with your peers? Do you love sharing and explaining the technology that you have built? If any of these sounds like you then Mirantis has a home for you and your killer skills.
Exciting opportunity for a Senior Cloud Architect to join our Professional Services team to play an important role in helping leverage cloud capabilities (AWS, Google, OpenStack) and make right technology choices in order to build services and experiences that will help our customers grow their business.
You will be responsible for:
- Design and Architect scalable solutions using the right services by working with domain teams
- Lead development teams in building new systems, or migrating existing systems, to private or public cloud platforms
- Share knowledge about cloud (private and public) offerings, technologies, and best practices with rest of the team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver solutions that are of high quality, scalable, reliable and extensible.
- Identify the needs of our customers and drive the execution and delivery with a commitment to customer service
- Lead by example and influence as a master of applying technology to solve business problems.Define solutions for current and future customers that efficiently address their needs
- Provide technology consultation on-site and remotely
- Attend Presales Calls as a technical resource and leader to outline engagements
- Providing component or system-wide performance optimizations and capacity planning
- Working with client development teams directly to help engineer highly available infrastructure and applications
- Recommending best practices & improvements to current operational processes
- Communicating status and planning activities to customers and team members
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science
- 10+ years of experience as software developer and 3+ years of experience as software architect; building complex, robust, and highly scalable production services and applications.
- Deep understanding of AWS services, with an ability to identify right services to use and make recommendations on what services fit best for the business needs.
- Understanding and experience with Cloud architectures: AWS, Google, Azure, OpenStack
- Experience with scalable backend architecture and modern API design concepts.
- Familiarity with popular data persistence technologies from SQL and NoSQL through Hadoop and other Big Data offerings
- Familiarity with popular data streaming technologies including, but not limited to Spark and Storm
- Experience running projects - conventional and Agile
- Proven ability to work with software engineering teams and understand complex development systems and patterns
- Familiarity with DevOps workflows and tools
- Strong drive for continuing education
- Interfacing with external customers, strong customer service focus with the ability to manage customer expectations and priorities
- Must feel comfortable presenting ideas to C Level decision makers and challenging their thoughts when appropriate
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate directly and effectively with stakeholders.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology or related field or relevant experience
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues
- High-energy atmosphere of a young open-source friendly company
- Competitive compensation package with strong benefits plan
- Opportunity to make a difference in the world of cloud computing
- Flexible schedule, lots of freedom for creativity and personal growth.
Break through with managed open Cloud!