Role: Payroll Analyst
Location: New York, NY
We are looking for an experienced payroll and commissions professional to join our growing team to work within the US Finance department based in New York, NY. The suitable candidate should have at least 2-4 years of payroll experience along with excellent analytical skill and attention to details to support commissions calculations.
WHO YOU ARE
We love different personalities at MiQ and strive to build teams constructed with diverse backgrounds and inclusive points of view. That said, we firmly believe that our values bring us together and we look for people who align with our values below.
- Passion – We love and live what we do.
- Determination – We always find a way to ‘figure it out’.
- Unity – We hold each other accountable. We win and lose as a team.
- Agility – We anticipate the unexpected, embrace and adapt to change.
- Courage – We dare to think unconventionally.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
The Payroll Analyst will be responsible for maintaining and operating the Company's payroll function, processes, and systems, including US payroll, commissions calculations & payments, bonuses, payroll related taxes and recording payroll and benefits related transactions in business systems. Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Payroll Analyst will liaison and work closely with HR, Recruitment and Sales team.
In the role you will be accountable for, but not limited to, the following:
- Maintain, operate, and update payroll systems/processes in timely manner
- Ensure all database management of employee compensation information is updated across Finance and Talent
- Accomplishing tasks on time and to a high quality, managing different deadlines and priorities
- Project Management
- Perform commissions calculations, payments and processes as needed
- Forecast commission costs for monthly, quarterly and annual budget review
- Staying focused and contributing to projects. Organizing stakeholders and multiple milestones
- Internal Collaboration
- Be responsible for properly coding earnings, taxes, and deductions and reconcile payroll transactions in the accounting system
- Working with internal stakeholders, building relationships and working across differences to find solutions
- Provide monthly analysis and report on payroll related metrics
- Crisp and clear communication to external partners/clients or internal stakeholders; flexing communication style to persuade others and influence positive outcomes
- Identify opportunities to automate current processes and implement effective controls to drive efficiency and streamline the payroll process
- Acting with curiosity. Finds new and better ways of working, then applies or implements solutions to unarticulated needs, new or existing market requirements. Open to receiving and trying new ideas, processes or ways of working.
- Strong functional payroll knowledge and a minimum of 2 years' experience processing payroll
- Knowledge of current Federal, State, and Local labor laws, tax requirement and payroll regulations
- Ability to analyze and interpret payroll data
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively across teams and vendors
- Ability to handle numerous priorities in a dynamic and growing environment
- Advanced excel skills including the ability to run pivot tables, use VLOOKUPs, COUNTIF, SUMIF
- Alignment with MiQ's core values
- A can-do attitude to provide energy, drive, and enthusiasm
- A dream to grow your career as the company scales
WHO WE ARE
We’re MiQ, a programmatic media partner for marketers and agencies. We connect data from multiple sources to do interesting, exciting, business-problem-solving things for our clients. We’re experts in data science, analytics and programmatic trading, and we’re always ready to react and solve challenges quickly, to make sure our clients are always spending their media investments on the right things in the right places.
Our business keeps growing and our company keeps getting better because we keep hiring smart new people.
People who can challenge conventions and shake things up. People who want to connect with people all over the world to make great things happen. People who are as excited by the opportunities of programmatic marketing as us.
If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
WORKING AT MIQ
OUR COMMITMENT TO INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY
Inclusion and diversity are core values at MiQ. Ensuring that we have a workplace which is safe and comfortable for everyone and embraces different ideas, different positions, and different people from all backgrounds is critically important to us. We are looking for passionate and determined people to join our team.
If you are open to sharing a bit more about yourself we greatly appreciate people taking the time to self-identify through the EEOC section of the application. This information ensures that we are able to capture an accurate picture of our candidate pool, helping us to design and drive recruitment strategies to help us build a diverse workforce.
Completion of the form is voluntary. Whether you choose to complete it or not, your decision will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will remain confidential.
BENEFITS & PERKS - US MARKET
- Health benefits - covering medical, dental, vision with HSA and FSA options
- Company paid basic life and long-term disability plans
- An Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- A Nursing Mother’s Program
- Generous PTO policy in addition to paid holidays
- Tax Free Benefits (Commuter/Health/Dependent Care)
- Inter-office travel opportunities and a company-sponsored trip (ask us about this!)
- Continuous education and training
- An open office and casual work atmosphere
Equal Opportunity Employer