MiQ is looking for a Sales Director with a minimum of 5 years experience selling in the Bay Area and surrounding markets. This is an extremely prestigious position, given the strategic importance of the West Coast to our business. Not only will you have the flexibility to reach surrounding markets, the role will also include building and managing a team.
Requirements for this role include; A strong background in the ad tech market, a strong foundation of client relationships and evidence demonstrating how a consultative approach has led to solving business challenges.
WHO YOU ARE
We love different personalities at MiQ and strive to build teams constructed with diverse backgrounds and inclusive points of view. That said, we firmly believe that our values bring us together and we look for people who align with our values below.
- Passion – We love and live what we do.
- Determination – We always find a way to ‘figure it out’.
- Unity – We hold each other accountable. We win and lose as a team.
- Agility – We anticipate the unexpected, embrace and adapt to change.
- Courage – We dare to think unconventionally.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Build and foster senior relationships at agencies, to generate net new business and add growth to current business. The role will include managing strategic agency partnerships, as well as being responsible for managing and coaching a young and passionate team across the region.
In the role you will be accountable for, but not limited to, the following:
- Deliver against fiscal and strategic objectives
- Create and manage personal and direct reports sales plans
- Manage senior agency relationships
- Accomplishing tasks on time and to a high quality, managing different deadlines and priorities
- Project Management
- Maintain and manage Sales forecasting tools and reporting
- Foster strategic partnership with agencies
- Work with our Analysis team in India to support our goal to discover insights that drive business outcomes
- Staying focused and contributing to projects. Organizing stakeholders and multiple milestones
- Internal Collaboration
- Work with RVP and Marketing teams to increase exposure of MiQ brand in West Coast
- Manage sales staff; planning, monitoring and appraising job results
- Work with central functions such as Product and Solutions Engineering to create custom solutions for brands and agencies
- Working with internal stakeholders, building relationships and working across differences to find solutions
- Create a commercial strategy to deliver growth across your portfolio
- Maximize the use of Marketing, PR events and entertainment to increase awareness of MiQ in the marketplace
- Crisp and clear communication to external partners/clients or internal stakeholders; flexing communication style to persuade others and influence positive outcomes
- Work with agencies to create custom solutions tailored to solve their clients challenges using MiQ tools and services
- Work closely with the MiQ team to ensure clients’ expectations are exceeded
- Acting with curiosity. Finds new and better ways of working, then applies or implements solutions to unarticulated needs, new or existing market requirements. Open to receiving and trying new ideas, processes or ways of working.
- High degree self-motivation and drive, sufficient to act as independent business owner
- Strategic thinking skills, looking beyond RFPs to propose plans to meet business needs/challenges
- Eagerness to work in a startup team environment that is rapidly changing; works well in a team and believes in “winning together”
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- 4-6+ years of experience in digital, programmatic display preferred.
- Agency experience as customer, partner or employee – client facing management agency experience is a bonus
- Experience creating and managing new business units
- Alignment with MiQ's core values
- A can-do attitude to provide energy, drive, and enthusiasm
- A dream to grow your career as the company scales
WHO WE ARE
We’re MiQ, a programmatic media partner for marketers and agencies. We connect data from multiple sources to do interesting, exciting, business-problem-solving things for our clients. We’re experts in data science, analytics and programmatic trading, and we’re always ready to react and solve challenges quickly, to make sure our clients are always spending their media investments on the right things in the right places.
Our business keeps growing and our company keeps getting better because we keep hiring smart new people.
People who can challenge conventions and shake things up. People who want to connect with people all over the world to make great things happen. People who are as excited by the opportunities of programmatic marketing as us.
If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
WORKING AT MIQ
OUR COMMITMENT TO INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY
Inclusion and diversity are core values at MiQ. Ensuring that we have a workplace which is safe and comfortable for everyone and embraces different ideas, different positions, and different people from all backgrounds is critically important to us. We are looking for passionate and determined people to join our team.
If you are open to sharing a bit more about yourself we greatly appreciate people taking the time to self-identify through the EEOC section of the application. This information ensures that we are able to capture an accurate picture of our candidate pool, helping us to design and drive recruitment strategies to help us build a diverse workforce.
Completion of the form is voluntary. Whether you choose to complete it or not, your decision will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will remain confidential.
BENEFITS & PERKS - US MARKET
- Health benefits - covering medical, dental, vision with HSA and FSA options
- Company paid basic life and long-term disability plans
- An Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- A Nursing Mother’s Program
- Generous PTO policy in addition to paid holidays
- Tax Free Benefits (Commuter/Health/Dependent Care)
- Inter-office travel opportunities and a company-sponsored trip (ask us about this!)
- Continuous education and training
- An open office and casual work atmosphere
Equal Opportunity Employer