MiQ is the leading marketing intelligence company with technology and people that help businesses win. We are experts at ingesting large amounts of data, modelling data to convert into insights and then actioning these insights through a variety of products and services.
Our People have an endearing and unique quality that sets them apart from the rest and that is why our product inspires. Our People make the difference and our values make the people.
In short, MiQ make data valuable, insightful, and intelligent, which helps clients engage customers, grow sales and generate revenue. MiQ offers its clients products and services across Media (which is their programmatic managed media offering), Analytics (custom engineering and data science solutions for business challenges in digital marketing space) and Technology (technology and analytics capabilities geared for their customers use). We enjoy a 97% client retention rate globally across brands such as Walmart, Barclaycard and Ford.
MiQ was built 9 years ago by Gurman Hundal and Lee Puri, with its original base in London, UK. Remaining a self-funded business, the company has now grown to over 700 employees, with 15 global offices covering 4 continents.
Our business vision is to empower the marketing divisions with the relevant insights so that they can shape the overall business strategy. It is for this reason MiQ has very exciting and realistic growth expectations over the coming years. It’s a great opportunity to work across a global business while becoming a key contributor within a growing, winning organization.
- The Senior Specialist will partner is responsible for ensuring organization remain compliant and becomes an Employer of Choice
- The position serves as a consultant to management on all C&B related issues.
- Acts as an champion for total rewards.
- The role assesses and anticipates C&B-related needs.
- Role will bring in integrated solutions across various roles with Compensation and Benfits.
- The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization.
- Oversee the administration of global benefits policies
- Ensure compliance of benefits policies with local regulatory reporting requirements
- Running reporting and analysis
- Support and drive all audit requirements
Key Performance Indicators
Earn to most
- Support in building a total rewards strategy by 2021
- Bench marking studies in Q3
- Support driving the annual increment and bonus plan and execution in Q4
- Recommend differentiated and variable pay structures in Q3
- Recommend, invest and execute in 1 or 2 new benefits that matter in Q4
Build strong payroll and compliance process
- Identify current gaps in payroll and compliance process in partnership with other teams in 2021.
- Robust framework towards payroll and compliance in 2021
- Build a 100% compliance driven payroll and compliance process by Q4
- 100% adhere to monthly payroll process
- 80% reduction and resolution of employee grievances
- 100% closure on all notices issued by Department of Labour
- 100% complaince on Payment of Statutory bonus to eligible employees
- 100% secured safe work place environment as per labour norms
Benefits as a differentiator
- Build a robust wellness framework where 70% employees can leverage various wellness iniatiaves at MiQ in 2021
- Strengthen the insurance process and influence a seamless experience in Q4 with overall experience score of 4/5
- Define 1 or 2 new age benefits Programmes for MiQers every once in 2 quarters
- 75% claims to be settled on a timely basis along with 60% claims to be cashless
- 70% coverage for all wellness initiatives
- Define 4 new/ revised benefit/ policy in a year
- Minimum employee engagement of 75%
Making the function more data centric
- Builds standardized dashboards and reports to meet Total Rewards requirements in Q1 2021
- Build a HR functional dashboard in Q2 2021
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform tasks to establish and maintain employee payroll records Input. Enter new hires into the payroll system. Calculate and record payroll deductions (voluntary and involuntary), Process advance, termination and other out-of-cycle payments Reconcile earnings and deduction totals. Support all different trypes of audit across the year.
- Review, and audit timekeeping and other payroll related records. Processing payroll checks with 100% accuracy and pay on time. Analysing pay run reports and taking proactive steps to identify any issues causing a trend and reporting to partners.
- Post changes in pay, tax status, and other miscellaneous categories Compute wage, overtime, and other types of pay.
- Review output registers, tax calculations and reports and correct out-of-balance conditions.
- Compile payroll data for management, auditors, and others. Serve as a SPOC for all employees queries.
- Independently coordinate and communicate with all internal groups and external parties (as required).
- Clear understanding of how to process Special benefits/allowance, process for International Workers, Handling Payroll tax deductions. Reviewing reports and sharing monthly reports for leadership review.
- Working on Form 16, annual tax declaration process and tax declaration process for new joiners. Manage regular preparation of relevant management reports, CTC report, salalry register, Flexi benefits report, tax register including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (payroll, HR Reports etc.)
- Clear understanding of Indian Labour law and be able to implement Salary, Gratuity related requirements. Must have strong knowledge in the various statutory forms
- Address all Statutory compliance & work with all External and Internal auditors on all audit related aspects
- Third party vendors: maintenance, contract renewals, troubleshooting and providing appropriate solution for all compliance related aspects
- Conversant with the calculations & procedures for Gratuity, Minimum Wages, PF, ESI, Professional Tax & POSH
- Ability to address queries from Employees /Employer & resolve issue
- Exposed to on line filing of PF,ESI, etc. and exposure to handling online/offline PF process
- Requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Ensure statutory compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resources statutory requirements, maintaining records
Policies & Benefits-
- Timely review of all HR policies and recommend for any new age benefits
- Ability to design & implement a new policy/benefit and understand financial implications of launch of any new policy/benefit
- Share industry best practices on new age policies/benefits
- Ensure statutory compliance for all labour related policies/benefits
Insurance & Wellness-
- Drive end to end Insurance & wellness programme through insurance registration process for new joiners and insurance renewal process. Drive annual insurance renewal registration process
- Share monthly new joiners and exit data to insurance vendor.
- Bring in best practices for insurance package and build a wellness calendar for organization.
- Execute in frequent interval a holistic wellness initiatives across organization by partnering with insurance vendors.
- Support in driving Annual Performance Cycle through creation of financial templates, data analysis, Annual Reviews cycles like Increments & Bonus process and pay-outs.
- Work on generating increment letters and upload of these increment letters on appropriate portals.
Data Analysis / Visualization-
- Builds standardized dashboards and reports to meet Total Rewards requirements while maintaining a focus on efficiency and repeatability.
- Visualize and report data findings creatively in a variety of visual formats that appropriately provides insights to the organization.
- Gather different data sources , Analyze insights and perspectives on Total Rewards-related research to answer business questions.
- Skills in cleansing data and data blending to make consistent and effective for analysis
Qualifications & Experience- Masters degree in human resources with 6+ years of compensation and benefits experience
- Highly proficient in Excel and Powerpoint, including moderate to complex modelling and analysis
- Experience using an HRIS application and reporting
- Strong quantitative, analytical and critical thinking skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive and comfortable working in a dynamic environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and navigate in a highly fast paced environment
- Ability to manage confidential & sensitive information
- Ability to work with various external vendor partners for payroll, compliance, insurance and internal partners
- Self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others . Demonstrate strong decision-making and organizational skills Initiate best practices; develop efficiency improvements.
At MiQ, we don’t just accept the differences of our people, it is what builds us as a community. MiQ is very proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.