MiQ is the leading marketing intelligence company with technology and people that help businesses win. We are experts at ingesting large amounts of data, modelling data to convert into insights and then actioning these insights through a variety of products and services.
Our People have an endearing and unique quality that sets them apart from the rest and that is why our product inspires. Our People make the difference and our values make the people.
In short, MiQ make data valuable, insightful, and intelligent, which helps clients engage customers, grow sales and generate revenue. MiQ offers its clients products and services across Media (which is our programmatic managed media offering), Analytics (custom engineering and data science solutions for business challenges in digital marketing space) and Technology (our technology and analytics capabilities geared for their customers use). We enjoy a 97% client retention rate globally across brands such as Walmart, Barclaycard and Ford.
MiQ was built 9 years ago by Gurman Hundal and Lee Puri, with its original base in London, UK. Remaining a self-funded business, the company has now grown to over 700 employees, with 15 global offices covering 4 continents. Our business vision is to empower the marketing divisions with the relevant insights so that they can shape the overall business strategy. It is for this reason MiQ has very exciting and realistic growth expectations over the coming years. It’s a great opportunity to work across a global business while becoming a key contributor within a growing, winning organization.
- Represent over 450 Client’s Globally
- 97% Retention Rate of Client’s since Launch
- 700 Global Employee’s, with a 100% Staff Retention Rate in the first 3 years of the business, currently 93%
- Offices in London, Manchester, Hamburg, 10 cities in the US, Toronto, Australia and Bangalore
- Award Winning Infrastructure – Recently voted for the ‘Best Use of Data’ as well as ‘Best Trading Team’ in UK and ‘Most Innovative Brand in Mobile’ in North America
MiQ is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to work in our Development team that builds our proprietary platforms.
MiQ’s technology is a cloud only Microservice based platform that handles our real time and API based integrations with our buying platforms as well as encompasses our front end business operation products such as our campaign management, optimisation and visualisation products. Our team is constantly building more such new products, platforms and systems for internal and external business consumption.
You will have the opportunity to design and develop end to end software components and systems from ground up and have ownership of them. You will have the opportunity to utilize a variety of latest Web application frameworks, Big Data technologies, Angular/React UI frameworks. You will be part of agile teams that utilizes CI and CD pipelines to speed up the products’ time to market.
Your key stakeholders would include the leads of various teams (campaign, trading, sales/marketing). You will be supported by your peers and experts across many fields who will help you succeed.
- Own and drive business features into technology requirements
- Work closely with Product Managers, Customers to align technology choices with business requirements
- Interpreting business requirements into effective UI and server-side specifications
- Architect, design & develop UI framework, modules and components
- Advise, recommend and manage the introduction of new technology and practices
- Hands on in end to end UI development
- Assist the team on design, code reviews and troubleshooting
- Promote coding best practices
- Mentor and develop junior developers in the team
- Evangelist for high quality products and driver of best practices towards the same
- Play an active role in all aspects of defining the experience of a new application including identification of user needs, prototyping, iterative end user validation and testing/supporting produced code.
- Collaborating with UX team for diverse technical, creative and business backgrounds.
- Excellent grasp of one or more programming languages and UI frameworks
- Knowledge of CSS Frameworks like Bootstrap, LESS or SASS
- Deep knowledge of end-to-end request/response process between client and server (HTTP, Server side, browser internals)
- Experience in developing scalable cross-browser compatible webapps
- Experience building multi-tier web applications, experience working on all layers of the stack is a plus
- 10+ years’ experience bringing innovative products to the market
- Excellent understanding of Object-Oriented Design & Design Patterns, algorithm & data structures,
- Experience with cloud technologies, SaaS, PaaS & IaaS
- Experience with cloud environments such as AWS, Google Cloud or Azure
- Prior experience with Microservices based architectures is a plus
- Internalized and practices agile best practices from software architecture to product deployment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Stay upto date with the latest technologies and then apply them in relevant products
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Ability to collaborate across multiple functions
- Interest & ability to influence all areas of software development from software best practices, CI, CD, Sustainability, documentation etc.
- Eagerness to mentor the team and be a go-to technology leader
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritise workload
- A keen eye for detail and acute focus on quality
- Ability to propose and defend solutions
WHAT WE VALUE IN OUR PEOPLE
- INNOVATION, the difference between good and great
- PASSION, infectious, creates momentum
- COMMUNITY, making the world a smaller place
- AMBITION, potential is limitless
- DETERMINATION, always find a way
- ADAPTABILITY, change is exciting
- PERSONALITY, endearing, unique and authentic
At MiQ, we don’t just accept the differences of our people, it is what builds us as a community. MiQ is very proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.