MiQ is looking for a Business Analyst III to work in the EMEA Business Analytics team. The role would be supporting the growth and expansion of the EMEA market. The EMEA market will be the prime focus for MiQ’s growth in 2020. Retail, Auto, Travel & Ecommerce are some of the key verticals in this market and there’ll be sharp focus on gaining Analytics momentum in these verticals.
As a BA III, you will hold a highly indispensable analytical role that requires interaction and partnership with stakeholders across markets – be it Solution Engineers, Client Services, Trading, Sales or Product Managers. You will be responsible for solving problems using media, CRM and real time macro data sources (fuelled by custom moments) as a part of the Business Analytics team. As a BA III, supporting a mature market, you will be expected to identify project opportunities, scope, execute & lead projects working with the broader team. You will also be required to prioritize and manage expectations working on QBRs across diversified account portfolios.
- Focus for 2020 is for BA to own the analytics delivery for T1 accounts where we partner with the market to get the client understanding but own the Insights and Analytics by being creative with what can best solve the client problem.
- In short, focussing on Problem Statement and Hypothesis leading to Analysis and Recommendations for all our T1 accounts.
- Continue scoping and delivering analytics projects for T1 accounts outside of insights where the need be.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Decipher client problems from varied verticals into actionable analysis
- Ensure world class insights and advanced analytical outputs are delivered by utilizing the rich online advertising auction data, universal/capture pixel data and 70 odd other data streams at your disposal
- Design and develop data-driven exploratory analysis as well as predictive and decision models to solve business problems across a range of advertiser categories
- Proactively produce stories that help the markets in Analytics pitches
- Identify repetitive areas in day-to-day work and build automation solutions
- Identify scope of analytics projects for strategic clients and propose the same
- Scope & execute analytics projects for strategic clients
- Mentor new talent in the team
- Own market communications and actively get involved in the Delivery Management of the team
- Brainstorm ideas with local market stakeholders to provide best support with customized Local Product Solutions, in alignment with MiQ ‘Power to Build’ strategy
- Influence product roadmaps by guiding product decisions - bridging the gap between product, analysis and market expectations
In Three Months In this role, your goals will be:
- 80% Execution - Handling day-to-day requests for the market
- 10% Portfolio Planning - Identify key buying points for the market and lay down success strategies
- 10% Delivery Management - Get involved in request and delivery management of the team, take charge of market communications for key projects and deliverables, stakeholder management
In Six Months In this role, your goals will be:
- 70% Execution - Handling day to day requests for the market
- 15% Portfolio Planning - Sync with markets and identify key growth drivers for the market and plan strategies accordingly
- 15% Delivery Management - Take active charge of the team’s delivery management, hold team scrum meetings, and own market communications
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- ANALYTICAL THINKING - Should follow a logical approach towards solving business problems. Should be able to step in on open ended analytics problems and provide solutions and ideas on what’s possible
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS - Tracking time-resource engagement for projects/deliverables to ensure timely deliveries. Demonstrate high degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- TECHNICAL PROFICIENCY -
- Proficient in SQL, Hive, Excel & Ppt
- High degree of comfort with either R or Python, dashboards using Tableau
- Experience implementing Clustering and Regression algorithms on MiQ Datasets
- PROACTIVENESS - Being able to independently come up with ideas and advise commercial teams on ideas for analysis/opportunities for upweights
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS - Good verbal and written communication & data presentation skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL - Good sense of attention to detail, able to spot interesting patterns and outliers in data
- MOTIVATION - High levels of motivation and desire to constantly get better and contribute to the Canada growth story simultaneously
- LEARNING MINDSET - willingness to try new tools/technologies and ability to grasp and learn quickly
- Be a strong TEAM PLAYER
At MiQ, we don’t just accept the differences of our people, it is what builds us as a community. MiQ is very proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.