COMPANY & MISSION
MiQ is an independent marketing intelligence company with the people and technology that help businesses win. Our vision is to reimagine the value of marketing by connecting data and discovering insight to drive business outcomes.
Marketing Intelligence helps us to understand how the real world impacts consumer intent and purchasing decisions, and helps brands say the right thing, to the right person, at the right time, all through a winning mix of media, analytics and technology.
Our teams work with the world’s leading brands and media agencies, including American Express, Avis, Lenovo, Unilever, Microsoft, GroupM, Publicis and IPG. Founded in 2010, MiQ currently employs over 550 people across 15 offices located in North America, Europe and APAC.
MiQ is looking for an Engineering Manager to join the Client Solutions team. You will collaborate with Solution engineers and the Clients in various markets, understand client requirements, and translate them into technology requirements. You will have the opportunity to innovate, design, develop, deliver and support software services for our enterprise clients globally.
You can utilize different programming languages, scripting languages, SQL and/or Big Data Technologies in order to solve the business challenges.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to experience your innovative solutions having real customer impact very quickly.
- Translate client requirements into technology requirements/specifications, design and develop required functionality in appropriate software modules and services/systems
- Develop & enhance data processing pipelines using Big Data technologies and/or SQL, Apache Camel
- Own management of client infrastructure and applications in the cloud, monitor and troubleshoot/debug issues to ensure SLAs
- Work closely with Product Managers, Customers to align technology choices with business requirements.
- Architect design & develop full stack modules and components.
- Planning of multiple projects and good understanding record of time estimate vs actual delivery.
- Spearhead and mentor the team towards a product success story.
- 100 % adherence to scrum and devops practices.
- Raising the bar in engineering practices such as Code Quality, Reviews, Agility etc.
- Stay updated on emerging technologies and apply them to our products.
- Hands on in end to end technology stack development.
- Quickly create quality prototypes.
- Mentor and develop junior developers in the team.
- Evangelist for high quality products and driver of best practices towards the same.
- Interact with stakeholders (Developers and Product Managers in other teams) to understand their requirements and to gather feedback.
- Train stakeholder and other developers on the solutions we develop for them.
- Conduct internal dev talks to share interesting experiences with some technology stack or on some new tool/framework which can benefit everyone
- Overall experience in solution development & supporting them, preferably in a software consulting organization delivering for enterprise clients
- Excellent understanding and experience in Java Scripting experience in Python, bash
- Excellent understanding of Object-Oriented Design & Design Patterns, algorithm & data structures.
- Good understanding and experience of Distributed systems.
- Experience with cloud environments such as AWS, Google Cloud or Azure.
- Prior experience with Microservices based architectures is a plus.
- Prior experience in Advanced Analytics is a plus.
- Good knowledge of Linux environment.
- Internalized and practices agile best practices from software architecture to product deployment.
- Experience in Performance Management, Hiring and Leadership mentoring
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Stay abreast with the latest technologies and then apply them in relevant products
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to collaborate across multiple functions.
- Interest & ability to influence all areas of software development from software best practices, CI, CD, Sustainability, documentation.
- Eagerness to mentor the team and be a go-to technology leader.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload.
- Constructs effective team structure that allows individuals and teams to succeed.
- Should have experience in managing a decent sized team in past.
- Experience with microservice architectures.
- Knowledge of container technologies.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes life ,accident insurance, with generous employer contribution and company paid basic life and long term disability plans
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Generous PTO policy in addition to paid holidays
- Ongoing education & training
- Open office and casual work atmosphere
- Company sponsored events & team building experiences
- Subsidized transport
- Free meals
- Membership at one of CULT fitness
At MiQ, we don’t just accept the differences of our people, it is what builds us as a community. MiQ is very proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.