MiQ Digital is looking for a Lead Data scientist with 5+ year’s experience to work on one of its data products. You will be working with the internal and external teams on technology platforms/systems for Data Analytics and predictive modelling for solving business related problems. In this role, you will have the opportunity to experience your innovative solutions having big impact on business.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES -
- Own and execute end to end multiple data science projects
- Work with Product Managers to refine business problems, identifying data sources and propose an end to end solution.
- Translate product requirements into analytical requirements/specifications, design and develop required functionality.
- Leverage technology to automate daily operational activities
- Collaborate with other teams to take actions based on analytical outputs.
- Ensure actionable insights are delivered by utilizing all our rich data in conjunction with client specific data.
- Educating internal and external teams about data driven decisions with help of products developed.
- Lead and mentor a team of data scientists.
- 5+ years of experience in solving data science problems using machine learning, data mining algorithms and big data tools.
- Strong experience with advanced SQL and good experience in big data ecosystem - Hive/Pig/MapReduce, Spark
- Experience of delivering at least one product with involvement in business problem identification, propose solutions and evaluating them, identifying required data sources, building data pipeline, visualizing the outputs and taking actions based on the data outputs.
- Experience with at-least one programming language - e.g. Java, Python, R ( Exposure to multiple is a plus)
- Experience in delivering data science projects leveraging cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with Agile framework.
- Experience of leading a data science team is a plus.
- Extreme attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines and prioritise workload.
- Demonstrated high degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Comfortable working in a start-up environment - small teams with changing priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to try new technologies and languages and ability to grasp and learn quickly.
- Highly passionate about making an impact on business using data science.
- Believes in continuous learning and sharing knowledge with peers.