MINT MOBILE is seeking a talented Site Reliability Engineer to join the TechOps Team! Individual reports to Senior Manager, SRE. Role is remote - must reside in the United States.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you have the mind of a software engineer and the soul of a systems administrator. You are the guardian angel of our systems infrastructure. You have no trouble communicating your take on problems that arise. Enterprise and network administration are in your DNA, and you have the blood test to prove it. (Or maybe just the experience. That works, too.)
Your usual day of awesomeness includes:
- Maintain the core infrastructure.
- Collaborate with engineers in the deployment and scaling of new product features.
- Architect scalable, reliable solutions for business requirements.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Create documentation and diagrams of systems and processes.
- Investigate production incidents, help determine contributing factors, implement fixes and write blameless postmortems.
- Debug software at the code and infrastructure level.
- Architect, create and implement automation into our SDLC.
- Be responsible for configuration management tools and monitoring strategy.
- Understand production call flows to support incident management.
- Software development to bring automation to routine tasks and also to help support production code.
- Help meet objectives for the business by interacting with other teams within the organization.
Technologies You'll Work With
Required skills, in order of need and experience:
- Kubernetes, Docker, ContainerD
- AWS (VPCs, EC2,S3, Lambdas, Kinesis, SQS, Route53, RDS, Dynamo, and Others)
- Network Routing and Firewalls
- Configuration Management tools like Ansible
- ElasticSearch, LogStash, Kibana
- Python, Golang, NodeJS
- Web Servers (Apache/Nginx/Varnish)
- HTTP, TLS/SSL
- SQL (RDS Aurora/MSSQL/PgSQL)
- NoSQL DBs
- Bitbucket, GIT, CI/CD tools
- Jira, Confluence
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years of Kubernetes and/or docker.
- 3+ years of experience with AWS and Cloud Hosting.
- 3+ years of experience with designing/maintaining Linux based systems.
- 3+ years of experience with scripting in Bash, Python.
- 3+ years of experience with monitoring production systems.
- 1+ years of experience with Software Engineering (NodeJS preferred).
- Understanding of system and network security best practices.
- Ability to express yourself clearly and work well with others.
- Self-direct and ability to take the lead when necessary.
- Monitoring/Alarming complex systems.
- Advanced troubleshooting and fault isolation skills.
- Highly collaborative with effective written and verbal communication skills.
WE ARE MINT MOBILE
We connect people to what’s most important in their lives: Easily, affordably and reliably. We strive to be California’s Preeminent Destination Employer. Oh yeah, we get it too! We understand what matters to you most. You’re an individual with unique needs, and we’re prepared to exceed any expectations you have for an ideal employer.
We’re smart, strategic, and get things done without a lot of red tape or unnecessary politics. Everyone matters here and everyone has a voice. Expect to spend your time contributing to projects that really matter. We obsess over the employee experience. To start, we provide some of the most competitive salary, benefits, family leave, vacation, retirement and equity options in Southern California. We believe in you and invest in you. Not just your career aspirations, but your life.
In addition, we’ve got a laundry list of perks you’ll brag about on insta -- Lunch every day prepared by our very own chef, healthy snacks, onsite gym, free massages, car wash services, and most importantly, a team atmosphere. We even raise the bar on well bars, including Espresso/Cappuccino/Nitro/Cold Brew/Kombucha Bar, Froyo Bar, Breakfast Bar, Snack Bar and a, well, you know, bar (after 5 pm).
And if you feel intrigued right now reading, imagine the co-workers we have already attracted. This is the kind of team you’ll want to take home to mom or invite to your kid’s next birthday party. This is the kind of close-knit community happening here. Come check out how you can be part of Mint!
OUR VALUES – LET’S MAKE LIFE ULTRA TOGETHER!
- Ownership: We are all owners; be the outcome and get the job done.
- Action Biased: Be brilliant, proactive, and act with urgency.
- Embrace the Adventure: Be agile, adaptive, and thrive on change.
- Invent and Simplify: Never accept good enough.
$1,000 REFERRAL BONUS
Take a look at this job description, if you are the right person, please apply. If Mint Mobile doesn't appear to be a fit for you, refer a friend or colleague and get $1,000. Let your friend or colleague know to provide your full name and email when applying to the job. If we hire them and they stay for 90 days, you get $1000. For more details of restrictions and rules, please email email@example.com.
Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement
UVNV, Inc. has adopted a mandated vaccination policy to support the health and safety of our team members and our community. The Company requires all employees to be fully vaccinated. The Company will provide accommodations based on medical condition or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices. Please let us know if you’d like to discuss the policy or available accommodations before proceeding with our recruitment process.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualification, experience, ability, and job performance.
In support of the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the range of starting pay for this role is $125,000 - $160,000. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, education, certifications, responsibility, and geographic location. We also offer a variety of benefits including health, disability insurance, 401 (k), flexible spending accounts, EAP, education reimbursement, parental leave, unlimited vacation, bonuses, incentive stock options and company paid holidays. The specific programs and options available will vary depending on state, start date, and employment type. Our recruitment team will be happy to answer any questions you may have.