MINT MOBILE is seeking a talented Data Architect to join the Office of Enterprise Information Management Team! Individual reports to AVP, Enterprise Data Engineering & Mgmt Svs. Role is remote; must reside in the United States.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Data Architect is a senior Subject Matter Expert (SME) role within our Data organization that is responsible for overseeing and developing reference architecture/patterns, data pipelines, data architecture/models, and data quality assurance from various data sources to ensure data integrity and information usability for internal decision making. This position serves as a technical resource in the design/development of enterprise data models and database structures. You will partner closely with our Solutions Architects in the Engineering and SysOps departments.
Your usual day of awesomeness includes:
- Overseeing and developing reference architecture/patterns, data pipelines, data architecture/models, and data quality assurance from various data sources to ensure data integrity and information usability for internal decision making.
- Responsible for design and documentation of the architectural vision; conceptual, logical, and physical models; ER diagrams; data flows; and process models.
- Develop technical best practices for (ELT/ETL) data movement, data quality, data cleansing, and other data transformation related activities.
- Participates in defining long-term strategy for acquiring, storing, and governing data and exercises considerable latitude and initiative to solve technical, process, and governance issues with data.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or a related field.
- 3+ years in a Data Architecture or Data Management position.
- 3+ years of experience in overall architecture discipline (Applications, Data, Technical, Security, Development, Operational, etc.) for both structured and unstructured systems.
- 3+ years architecting and building data pipelines (batch, real-time, lambda).
- Demonstrated experience in architecting and implementing Data Warehouse/Marts.
- Depth in data modeling and database design from concept to operationalization.
- Experienced with Data Architecture and Modeling Tools.
- Ability to collaborate and partner with business domain leads, data analysts, product owners, system architects, and other functional leads to deliver world class data solutions.
- Knowledge of data management best practices, processes, tools, standards, and methodologies including common frameworks (TOGAF, Zachman, ArchiMate).
- Expertise in Microservices, Message Oriented Middleware, Stream processing, Master Data Management, Data Lake, Analytic technologies, Data Virtualization, BI Reporting.
- Understanding of established and emerging data technologies such as columnar, predictive analytics, unstructured data, data lakes, APIs, and data virtualization.
- Experience building data applications and capabilities in cloud environments (e.g. AWS).
- Experience with commercial solutions used for API management.
- Design/development experience with non-relational databases (NoSQL, Graph, Hadoop, S3/blob storage).
- Design/development experience required for ETL, ELT, REST, and SOAP.
- Ability to work through a problem logically, identify root causes, and provide practical effective solutions while being detail and process oriented.
- Excellent written, visual, and oral communication skills, ability to communicate with key business partners clearly and succinctly, including senior executives.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in one-on-one interaction, meeting/group.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Proactive problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively and consistently meet deadlines.
WE ARE MINT MOBILE
We connect people to what’s most important in their lives: Easily, affordably and reliably. We strive to be California’s Preeminent Destination Employer. Oh yeah, we get it too! We understand what matters to you most. You’re an individual with unique needs, and we’re prepared to exceed any expectations you have for an ideal employer.
We’re smart, strategic, and get things done without a lot of red tape or unnecessary politics. Everyone matters here and everyone has a voice. Expect to spend your time contributing to projects that really matter. We obsess over the employee experience. To start, we provide some of the most competitive salary, benefits, family leave, vacation, retirement and equity options in Southern California. We believe in you and invest in you. Not just your career aspirations, but your life.
In addition, we’ve got a laundry list of perks you’ll brag about on insta -- Lunch every day prepared by our very own chef, healthy snacks, onsite gym, free massages, car wash services, and most importantly, a team atmosphere. We even raise the bar on well bars, including Espresso/Cappuccino/Nitro/Cold Brew/Kombucha Bar, Froyo Bar, Breakfast Bar, Snack Bar and a, well, you know, bar (after 5 pm).
And if you feel intrigued right now reading, imagine the co-workers we have already attracted. This is the kind of team you’ll want to take home to mom or invite to your kid’s next birthday party. This is the kind of close-knit community happening here. Come check out how you can be part of Mint!
OUR VALUES – LET’S MAKE LIFE ULTRA TOGETHER!
- Ownership: We are all owners; be the outcome and get the job done.
- Action Biased: Be brilliant, proactive, and act with urgency.
- Embrace the Adventure: Be agile, adaptive, and thrive on change.
- Invent and Simplify: Never accept good enough.
$1,000 REFERRAL BONUS
Take a look at this job description, if you are the right person, please apply. If Mint Mobile doesn't appear to be a fit for you, refer a friend or colleague and get $1,000. Let your friend or colleague know to provide your full name and email when applying to the job. If we hire them and they stay for 90 days, you get $1000. For more details of restrictions and rules, please email email@example.com.
Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement
UVNV, Inc. has adopted a mandated vaccination policy to support the health and safety of our team members and our community. The Company requires all employees to be fully vaccinated. The Company will provide accommodations based on medical condition or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices. Please let us know if you’d like to discuss the policy or available accommodations before proceeding with our recruitment process.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualification, experience, ability, and job performance.
In support of the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the range of starting pay for this role is $140,000 - $190,000 This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, education, certifications, responsibility, and geographic location. We also offer a variety of benefits including health, disability insurance, 401 (k), flexible spending accounts, EAP, education reimbursement, parental leave, unlimited vacation, bonuses, incentive stock options and company paid holidays. The specific programs and options available will vary depending on state, start date, and employment type. Our recruitment team will be happy to answer any questions you may have.