MINT MOBILE is seeking a talented Senior Web Designer to join the Creative Team! Individual reports to UX/UI Design Director. Role is remote; must reside in the United States.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Senior Web Designer, you are not afraid of a blank whiteboard – in fact, it excites you. You’re confident and know exactly what’s needed to get a concept to the next great launch. Whether you’re pushing the pixels yourself or working with a team, your standards for delivering on brand goals are unwavering. You work as a team player and recognize the value of differing perspectives, which allows you to approach problem-solving with an open mind.
This position is perfect for a skilled and experienced responsive web designer with a wide range of work experience in user experience, product, or interface design.
Your usual day of awesomeness includes:
- Collaborate with Designers, Copywriters, Developers, Project Managers, and the UX/UI Design Director and Creative Director to ensure adherence to business requirements and specifications.
- Embrace an iterative approach to projects and work with cross-functional teams.
- Work with multiple Design Systems.
- Present your work and ideas to the team and key stakeholders.
- Make sure all interactions are intuitive and enhance the customer experience.
- Create rough sketches, wireframe layouts, and high-fidelity mockups that visualize concepts and provide an accurate, graphical user interface representation.
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all projects.
- Own your own projects from conception to completion.
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments and tools, competitive and complementary products, and experiences.
- Prototype your concepts and designs.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Web Design, Experience Design or similar.
- At least 5-7 years of responsive web design experience for e-commerce, D2C brands a plus (preferred).
- Ability to empathize with and solve for a user’s needs and/or pain points.
- Expert knowledge of visual and user-centered design principles along with iconography skills, typography, color theory, layout, and digital image preparation.
- Expert knowledge of modern UI patterns, elements, interactions, and responsive web design.
- Ability to articulate the "why" of design decisions, provide rationale, and a POV.
- High proficiency in Figma, Sketch, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to create rapid prototypes, wireframes that demonstrate flows, transitions, etc.
- Strong portfolio with examples of functional website designs.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to interact effectively with a variety of team members.
- Strong time management skills for working in and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Ability to handle multiple small to large projects simultaneously without sacrificing quality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of SEO optimization.
- Understanding of E-commerce best practices.
- Understanding of ADA compliance.
WE ARE MINT MOBILE
We connect people to what’s most important in their lives: Easily, affordably and reliably. We strive to be California’s Preeminent Destination Employer. Oh yeah, we get it too! We understand what matters to you most. You’re an individual with unique needs, and we’re prepared to exceed any expectations you have for an ideal employer.
We’re smart, strategic, and get things done without a lot of red tape or unnecessary politics. Everyone matters here and everyone has a voice. Expect to spend your time contributing to projects that really matter. We obsess over the employee experience. To start, we provide some of the most competitive salary, benefits, family leave, vacation, retirement and equity options in Southern California. We believe in you and invest in you. Not just your career aspirations, but your life.
In addition, we’ve got a laundry list of perks you’ll brag about on insta -- Lunch every day prepared by our very own chef, healthy snacks, onsite gym, free massages, car wash services, and most importantly, a team atmosphere. We even raise the bar on well bars, including Espresso/Cappuccino/Nitro/Cold Brew/Kombucha Bar, Froyo Bar, Breakfast Bar, Snack Bar and a, well, you know, bar (after 5 pm).
And if you feel intrigued right now reading, imagine the co-workers we have already attracted. This is the kind of team you’ll want to take home to mom or invite to your kid’s next birthday party. This is the kind of close-knit community happening here. Come check out how you can be part of Mint!
OUR VALUES – LET’S MAKE LIFE ULTRA TOGETHER!
- Ownership: We are all owners; be the outcome and get the job done.
- Action Biased: Be brilliant, proactive, and act with urgency.
- Embrace the Adventure: Be agile, adaptive, and thrive on change.
- Invent and Simplify: Never accept good enough.
$1,000 REFERRAL BONUS
Take a look at this job description, if you are the right person, please apply. If Mint Mobile doesn't appear to be a fit for you, refer a friend or colleague and get $1,000. Let your friend or colleague know to provide your full name and email when applying to the job. If we hire them and they stay for 90 days, you get $1,000. For more details of restrictions and rules, please email email@example.com.
Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement
UVNV, Inc. has adopted a mandated vaccination policy to support the health and safety of our team members and our community. The Company requires all employees to be fully vaccinated. The Company will provide accommodations based on medical condition or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices. Please let us know if you’d like to discuss the policy or available accommodations before proceeding with our recruitment process.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualification, experience, ability, and job performance.
In support of the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the range of starting pay for this role is $120,000 - $130,000. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, education, certifications, responsibility, and geographic location. We also offer a variety of benefits including health, disability insurance, 401 (k), flexible spending accounts, EAP, education reimbursement, parental leave, unlimited vacation, bonuses, incentive stock options and company paid holidays. The specific programs and options available will vary depending on state, start date, and employment type. Our recruitment team will be happy to answer any questions you may have.