MINT MOBILE is seeking a talented Senior Accountant to join the Finance Team in Costa Mesa, CA! Individual reports to SVP, Finance/Controller. Role is hybrid.
This role is a hybrid opportunity that requires a local commutable distance to the HQ Costa Mesa, CA office as needed.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Senior Accountant will be joining our Finance and Accounting Department, reporting to our Assistant Controller of Finance. In Ultra’s world of Finance, the Senior Accountant will be managing a variety of accounting related tasks including:
Your usual day of awesomeness includes:
- Ensure inventory balances are accurately reported by preparing & overseeing inventory reports and identifying and investigating inventory inconsistencies within the general ledger.
- Prepare selected balance sheet account reconciliations in compliance with GAAP.
- Post journal entries relating to inventory and cost of goods sold.
- Work closely with Supply Chain team to ensure accurate month-end entries are submitted timely.
- Review cycle count procedures and periodically assist with cycle count/physical inventory.
- Maintain internal control documentation and test internal controls over inventory.
- Assist with preparation of audit work paper and schedules.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Very detailed oriented and organized with strong time-management skills.
- Experience with NetSuite or other large scale accounting software is preferred.
- Great computer skills and strong Excel experience.
- Strong knowledge of accrual accounting (GAAP) as well as cost accounting is necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in business with an emphasis in accounting is highly preferred.
- At least 2-5 years experience in inventory cost accounting highly desired.
- Experience with multiple companies and intercompany entries.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Great attitude, strong work ethic, and willingness to work overtime as needed to meet deadlines.
- High-aptitude and proven ability to drive assigned responsibilities to their successful conclusion with minimal supervision.
WE ARE MINT MOBILE
We connect people to what’s most important in their lives: Easily, affordably and reliably. We strive to be California’s Preeminent Destination Employer. Oh yeah, we get it too! We understand what matters to you most. You’re an individual with unique needs, and we’re prepared to exceed any expectations you have for an ideal employer.
We’re smart, strategic, and get things done without a lot of red tape or unnecessary politics. Everyone matters here and everyone has a voice. Expect to spend your time contributing to projects that really matter. We obsess over the employee experience. To start, we provide some of the most competitive salary, benefits, family leave, vacation, retirement and equity options in Southern California. We believe in you and invest in you. Not just your career aspirations, but your life.
In addition, we’ve got a laundry list of perks you’ll brag about on insta -- Lunch every day prepared by our very own chef, healthy snacks, onsite gym, free massages, car wash services, and most importantly, a team atmosphere. We even raise the bar on well bars, including Espresso/Cappuccino/Nitro/Cold Brew/Kombucha Bar, Froyo Bar, Breakfast Bar, Snack Bar and a, well, you know, bar (after 5 pm).
And if you feel intrigued right now reading, imagine the co-workers we have already attracted. This is the kind of team you’ll want to take home to mom or invite to your kid’s next birthday party. This is the kind of close-knit community happening here. Come check out how you can be part of Mint!
OUR VALUES – LET’S MAKE LIFE ULTRA TOGETHER!
- Ownership: We are all owners; be the outcome and get the job done.
- Action Biased: Be brilliant, proactive, and act with urgency.
- Embrace the Adventure: Be agile, adaptive, and thrive on change.
- Invent and Simplify: Never accept good enough.
$1,000 REFERRAL BONUS
Take a look at this job description, if you are the right person, please apply. If Mint Mobile doesn't appear to be a fit for you, refer a friend or colleague and get $1,000. Let your friend or colleague know to provide your full name and email when applying to the job. If we hire them and they stay for 90 days, you get $1000. For more details of restrictions and rules, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement
UVNV, Inc. has adopted a mandated vaccination policy to support the health and safety of our team members and our community. The Company requires all employees to be fully vaccinated. The Company will provide accommodations based on medical condition or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices. Please let us know if you’d like to discuss the policy or available accommodations before proceeding with our recruitment process.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualification, experience, ability, and job performance.
#Accountant #Inventory #Cost Accountant #Accounting