ARE YOU LOOKING...
- To make a difference at the fastest growing company in America?
- For exemplary benefits and significant equity grants?
- To bring your dog to work, to have an executive chef prepare your lunch every day or enjoy unlimited vacation days?
- Forward to being a maverick in a highly-disruptive, celebrity-owned tech/communications company?
- To simply have a ton of fun?
You are not dreaming. This is a dream company to work for and we are located right here in OC.
WE ARE MINT MOBILE
We connect people to what’s most important in their lives: Easily, affordably and reliably. We strive to be California’s Preeminent Destination Employer. Oh yeah, we get it too! We understand what matters to you most. You’re an individual with unique needs, and we’re prepared to exceed any expectations you have for an ideal employer.
We’re smart, strategic, and get things done without a lot of red tape or unnecessary politics. Everyone matters here and everyone has a voice. Expect to spend your time contributing to projects that really matter. We obsess over the employee experience. To start, we provide some of the most competitive salary, benefits, family leave, vacation, retirement and equity options in Southern California. We believe in you and invest in you. Not just your career aspirations, but your life.
In addition, we’ve got a laundry list of perks you’ll brag about on insta -- Lunch every day prepared by our very own chef, healthy snacks, onsite gym, free massages, car wash services, and most importantly, a team atmosphere. We even raise the bar on well bars, including Espresso/Cappuccino/Nitro/Cold Brew/Kombucha Bar, Froyo Bar, Breakfast Bar, Snack Bar and a, well, you know, bar (after 5 pm).
And if you feel intrigued right now reading, imagine the co-workers we have already attracted. This is the kind of team you’ll want to take home to mom or invite to your kid’s next birthday party. This is the kind of close-knit community happening here. Come check out how you can be part of Mint!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for our next extraordinary Data Integration Engineer II to level-up the Enterprise Information Management Team in Costa Mesa!
The Data Integration Engineer is a hybrid business-technical role within the Enterprise Information Management organization responsible for partnering with business and technical stakeholders to plan the delivery of data solutions including design, development, enhancement to ELT/ETL processes and components of data pipelines to support analysis, reporting, analytics, and data science. The role will focus on having a mindset of data quality, governance, and pipeline performance to ensure data integrity and information usability for internal decision making.
If you’re a hands-on professional in data architecture, data engineering, traditional and/or modern data warehousing, ELT/ETL and/or big data pipeline and processing, you’re exactly who we’re seeking. Technical capabilities aside, if you’re a self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills, enjoys developing creative solutions, thrives in a fast-paced environment, delivers work effectively both independently and as part of a team, you’re a perfect fit for our team.
Your usual day of awesomeness includes:
- Partner with appropriate stakeholders to consult and recommend requirements to design, develop, test, update data integration (this includes but not limited to ELT/ETL processes/pipelines, stored procedures, views, functions), and data profiling processes.
- Create, validate, and/or update source-to-target maps, assist with logical and physical model design, update and maintain metadata repositories/dictionaries.
- Plan and support identification of physical implementation requirements, including normalization/dimensional techniques and referential integrity.
- Partner with stakeholders to lead code reviews, data model reviews, and testing.
- Collaborate with IT partners to perform periodic system and database operational tests, audits, and tuning.
- Lead the collaboration with analysts, data scientists, and business teams to recommend and improve data models that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility, and fostering data-driven decision making across the organization.
- Proactively provide and contribute by leading the efforts to define areas of opportunities to catalog, maintain, and enforce data architecture, definitions, and standards.
- Provide recommendations for data policy, standards, and procedure development processes.
- Focus on data quality-detect data/analytics quality issues all the way down to root cause, and implement fixes including data audits to prevent/capture such issues.
- Ensure high data quality and availability by partnering with stakeholders from the infrastructure, network, database, application, and business intelligence teams to identify lifecycle of data to consult/recommend process changes to implement.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Management, Engineering, or a related field.
- 5+ years demonstrated strength in ELT/ETL, data services, data pipelines, data modeling (OLTP, 3/NF, dimensional), data lake, cloud warehouse technical architecture, infrastructure components, and reporting/analytic tools.
- 5+ years development with ETL tools (Talend/Stitch, Informatica, Fivetran, Matillion, or similar) including distributed architectures (Microservices, SOA, and RESTful APIs).
- 3+ years AWS services such as Redshift, Aurora, Dynamo, Glue, S3, EMR, Lambda, Kinesis, and SNS/SQS.
- Experienced with development and modeling for columnar storage and massive parallel processing data warehouses (Hadoop, Snowflake, Redshift) with a keen sense to optimize for scalability, availability, security, cost, and performance.
- Experienced with big data processing technologies (Spark, Storm, Kafka, Flume, Pig, Hive, Sqoop, Hadoop/MapReduce, etc.).
- Experienced with automation frameworks/tools (Git/Bit, CI/CD, Jenkins, Ansible, and Terraform, etc.).
- A product-focused mindset with ability to understand business requirements to architect systems that will scale and extend to accommodate those needs.
- Ability to work through a problem logically, identify root causes, and provide practical effective solutions while being detail and process oriented.
- Excellent written, visual, oral communication skills, ability to communicate with key business and/or technical partners clearly and succinctly.
- Proven ability to inspire confidence, create executive presentations, effectively present information, and guide strategic discussions.
- A self-starter who can work without continuous supervision and is highly organized.
OUR VALUES – LET’S MAKE LIFE ULTRA TOGETHER!
- Ownership: We are all owners; be the outcome and get the job done.
- Action Biased: Be brilliant, proactive, and act with urgency.
- Embrace the Adventure: Be agile, adaptive, and thrive on change.
- Invent and Simplify: Never accept good enough.
$1,000 REFERRAL BONUS
Take a look at this job description, if you are the right person, please apply. If Mint Mobile doesn't appear to be a fit for you, refer a friend or colleague and get $1,000. Just send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with 1) your name and 2) their resume or link to their LinkedIn page. If we hire them and they stay for 90 days, you get $1,000. For more details of restrictions and rules, please email email@example.com.