ARE YOU LOOKING...
- To make a difference at the fastest growing company in America?
- For exemplary benefits and significant equity grants?
- To bring your dog to work, to have an executive chef prepare your lunch every day or enjoy unlimited vacation days?
- Forward to being a maverick in a highly-disruptive, celebrity-owned tech/communications company?
- To simply have a ton of fun?
You are not dreaming. This is a dream company to work for and we are located right here in OC.
WE ARE MINT MOBILE
We connect people to what’s most important in their lives: Easily, affordably and reliably. We strive to be California’s Preeminent Destination Employer. Oh yeah, we get it too! We understand what matters to you most. You’re an individual with unique needs, and we’re prepared to exceed any expectations you have for an ideal employer.
We’re smart, strategic, and get things done without a lot of red tape or unnecessary politics. Everyone matters here and everyone has a voice. Expect to spend your time contributing to projects that really matter. We obsess over the employee experience. To start, we provide some of the most competitive salary, benefits, family leave, vacation, retirement and equity options in Southern California. We believe in you and invest in you. Not just your career aspirations, but your life.
In addition, we’ve got a laundry list of perks you’ll brag about on insta -- Lunch every day prepared by our very own chef, healthy snacks, onsite gym, free massages, car wash services, and most importantly, a team atmosphere. We even raise the bar on well bars, including Espresso/Cappuccino/Nitro/Cold Brew/Kombucha Bar, Froyo Bar, Breakfast Bar, Snack Bar and a, well, you know, bar (after 5 pm).
And if you feel intrigued right now reading, imagine the co-workers we have already attracted. This is the kind of team you’ll want to take home to mom or invite to your kid’s next birthday party. This is the kind of close-knit community happening here. Come check out how you can be part of Mint!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for our next extraordinary Data Architect I to level-up the Office of Enterprise Information Management Team in Costa Mesa!
The Data Architect I is a senior Subject Matter Expert (SME) role within the Enterprise Information Management organization that is responsible for overseeing and developing reference architecture/patterns, data pipelines, data architecture/models, and data quality assurance from various data sources to ensure data integrity and information usability for internal decision making. The Data Solutions Architect will partner with technical and business data sme’s, data production system owners, and decision makers to develop and implement proactive practices.
The Data Architect will lead the development of reference architecture and roadmaps to build highly available, scalable, and distributed data pipeline platforms to process high volume, high velocity, and wide variety of structured and unstructured data. Understand enterprise-wide system modules and components for re-use and provide requirements for specific architecture components for new development activities. This position serves as a technical resource in the design/development of enterprise data models and database structures. This is an opportunity to interact with both technical partners (ETL developers, integration developers, data stewards, DBAs, architects), business partners, and leadership.
If you’re a hands-on, technical leader who’s capable of driving the design and assisting in documentation of business processes based on customer needs, data analysis, user stories and stakeholder feedback, you’re exactly who we’re seeking. Technical capabilities aside, if you’re a mission-driven strategic thinker with excellent analytical skills and creativity, who can work effectively both independently and as part of a team, you’re a perfect fit for our team.
Your usual day of awesomeness includes:
- Overseeing and developing reference architecture/patterns, data pipelines, data architecture/models, and data quality assurance from various data sources to ensure data integrity and information usability for internal decision making.
- Design and implement effective data solutions and models for company data in existing and future systems.
- Responsible for design and documentation of the architectural vision; conceptual, logical, and physical models; ER diagrams; data flows; and process models.
- Develop technical best practices for (ELT/ETL) data movement, data quality, data cleansing, and other data transformation related activities.
- Conduct/Participate in meetings with key system owners to understand current data and systems environments, resolve source data issues, and refine transformation rules.
- Participates in defining long-term strategy for acquiring, storing, and governing data and exercises considerable latitude and initiative to solve technical, process, and governance issues with data.
- Analyze/Profile data to assess quality variances from data standards while working with technical and business representatives to determine solutions to remediate data anomalies identified by automation and self-correcting data movement solutions.
- Support the documentation of requirements for projects by analyzing systems and data to support the documentation of metadata including data dictionaries and business glossaries.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or a related field.
- 3+ years in a Data Architecture or Data Management position.
- 3+ years of experience in overall architecture discipline (Applications, Data, Technical, Security, Development, Operational, etc.) for both structured and unstructured systems.
- 3+ years architecting and building data pipelines (batch, real-time, lambda).
- Demonstrated experience in architecting and implementing Data Warehouse/Marts.
- Depth in data modeling and database design from concept to operationalization.
- Experienced with Data Architecture and Modeling Tools.
- Ability to collaborate and partner with business domain leads, data analysts, product owners, system architects, and other functional leads to deliver world class data solutions.
- Knowledge of data management best practices, processes, tools, standards, and methodologies including common frameworks (TOGAF, Zachman, ArchiMate).
- Expertise in Microservices, Message Oriented Middleware, Stream processing, Master Data Management, Data Lake, Analytic technologies, Data Virtualization, BI Reporting.
- Understanding of established and emerging data technologies such as columnar, predictive analytics, unstructured data, data lakes, APIs, and data virtualization.
- Experience building data applications and capabilities in cloud environments (e.g. AWS).
- Experience with commercial solutions used for API management.
- Design/development experience with non-relational databases (NoSQL, Graph, Hadoop, S3/blob storage).
- Design/development experience required for ETL, ELT, REST, and SOAP.
- Ability to work through a problem logically, identify root causes, and provide practical effective solutions while being detail and process oriented.
- Excellent written, visual, and oral communication skills, ability to communicate with key business partners clearly and succinctly, including senior executives.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in one-on-one interaction, meeting/group.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Proactive problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively and consistently meet deadlines.
OUR VALUES – LET’S MAKE LIFE ULTRA TOGETHER!
- Ownership: We are all owners; be the outcome and get the job done.
- Action Biased: Be brilliant, proactive, and act with urgency.
- Embrace the Adventure: Be agile, adaptive, and thrive on change.
- Invent and Simplify: Never accept good enough.
$1,000 REFERRAL BONUS
Take a look at this job description, if you are the right person, please apply. If Mint Mobile doesn't appear to be a fit for you, refer a friend or colleague and get $1,000. Just send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with 1) your name and 2) their resume or link to their LinkedIn page. If we hire them and they stay for 90 days, you get $1,000. For more details of restrictions and rules, please email email@example.com.