ARE YOU LOOKING...
- To make a difference at the fastest growing company in America?
- For exemplary benefits and significant equity grants?
- To bring your dog to work, to have an executive chef prepare your lunch every day or enjoy unlimited vacation days?
- Forward to being a maverick in a highly-disruptive, celebrity-owned tech/communications company?
- To simply have a ton of fun?
You are not dreaming. This is a dream company to work for and we are located right here in OC.
WE ARE MINT MOBILE
We connect people to what’s most important in their lives: Easily, affordably and reliably. We strive to be California’s Preeminent Destination Employer. Oh yeah, we get it too! We understand what matters to you most. You’re an individual with unique needs, and we’re prepared to exceed any expectations you have for an ideal employer.
We’re smart, strategic, and get things done without a lot of red tape or unnecessary politics. Everyone matters here and everyone has a voice. Expect to spend your time contributing to projects that really matter. We obsess over the employee experience. To start, we provide some of the most competitive salary, benefits, family leave, vacation, retirement and equity options in Southern California. We believe in you and invest in you. Not just your career aspirations, but your life.
In addition, we’ve got a laundry list of perks you’ll brag about on insta -- Lunch every day prepared by our very own chef, healthy snacks, onsite gym, free massages, car wash services, and most importantly, a team atmosphere. We even raise the bar on well bars, including Espresso/Cappuccino/Nitro/Cold Brew/Kombucha Bar, Froyo Bar, Breakfast Bar, Snack Bar and a, well, you know, bar (after 5 pm).
And if you feel intrigued right now reading, imagine the co-workers we have already attracted. This is the kind of team you’ll want to take home to mom or invite to your kid’s next birthday party. This is the kind of close-knit community happening here. Come check out how you can be part of Mint!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for our next extraordinary Senior Product Manager - eCommerce to level up our Product Team in Costa Mesa!
The Sr. Product Manager will be responsible for the management of Mint Mobile’s e-commerce website. As part of the dedicated e-commerce scrum team, the Sr. Product Manager will work with business stakeholders and cross-functional team members to help document requirements and prioritize feature development from within the team’s Agile backlog. The Product Manager will maintain a feature roadmap in order to support the company and its business objectives, including everything from online sales, funnel improvements, and user experience enhancements, to larger company-wide initiatives. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, analytical, and always takes a data-driven approach to decision making.
As Sr. Product Manager, you will work closely with the e-commerce scrum team, including members from the Marketing, Sales, Creative Design, UX, Engineering, CRO (conversion rate optimization), Supply Chain, Product, and PMO teams. You will facilitate requirements gathering sessions in order to establish a well-rounded and comprehensive scope of requirements, with traceability from business requirements to functional requirements. You will help achieve alignment between cross-functional teams for a given feature, illuminating any constraints or risks, and guiding the group to an agreed-upon course of action. You will be responsible to ensure that a level of quality and consistency is maintained for all requirements from pre-concept through deployment, and provide your approval for all features and site changes before they are deployed to production.
As a subject matter expert, the Sr. Product Manager will manage the feature roadmap and backlog prioritization for the e-commerce websites. Meeting with stakeholders regularly, and using a combination of market research, quantitative, and qualitative customer data, you will help guide the decision of which features will be built next. Working within our Agile workflow, you will ensure that design and functional requirements are coordinated in a timely manner so that features can be developed on schedule.
The ideal candidate has an aptitude for understanding complex systems, and an ability to orchestrate the building of robust, feature-rich programs and integrations. Experience with customer-facing interfaces is a must, although an understanding of backend systems is also preferred.
Your usual day of awesomeness includes:
- Gather business requirements from internal customers.
- Create product specifications that achieve new product goals while not adversely impacting ongoing services and programs.
- Lead UX discussions between Creative, UX, Marketing, Engineering, and Product team members.
- Meet regularly with the CRO (Conversion Rate Optimization) team to keep abreast of its current testing strategy and roadmap.
- Prioritize the Ecomm team backlog, taking into account company-wide initiatives, CRO-related objectives, and smaller improvements.
- Manage the Ecomm roadmap, providing visibility to both Ecomm team members as well as cross-functional stakeholders.
- Help negotiate changes in prioritization in order to keep critical projects on track or to take on new opportunities that have an aggressive timeline.
- Host cross-functional alignment sessions to ensure that all impacted groups are up to date on latest prioritization and roadmap.
- Act as Product Owner for the E-commerce Agile SCRUM lane.
- Work with functional team members to develop workflow and process flow diagrams.
- Create user stories and functional requirements.
- Work with UI/ UX teams to develop initial GUI/Wireframes, and help communicate technical limitations or any other cross-functional constraints to the Creative Design team.
- Work with the QA team to ensure that the produced work meets expectations.
- Interface with external vendors to assess and integrate various 3rd party products, including payment solutions, analytics, and customer referral services.
- Participate in Agile meetings, including daily scrum and bi-weekly prioritization, grooming, sprint planning sessions.
- Contribute to test plans.
- Create Go-to-Market communications.
- Help drive deployment-time activities, working with technical, QA, and content teams to ensure that each product launch is a success.
- Train and educate internal customers on new products and functionality.
- Measure the effectiveness of new products or features using analytics tools and present findings to stakeholders.
- Maintain a roadmap for each assigned product/program and use analytical data to help steer the prioritization of new feature development.
- Stay up to date on the latest web and mobile technologies, as well as market trends in the wireless communications industry.
- Maintain and update our institutional knowledge base as our products and system architecture evolves.
- Become the company subject matter expert on all aspects of the e-commerce sites.
- Run multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
WHAT YOU BRING
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Interaction Design, or related field/experience.
- At least 7 years of experience as a Product Manager, Business Analyst, or similar role.
- 2+ years of experience in the telecommunications industry, especially prepaid, is preferable.
- Experience working in partnership with UX Design experts and translating UX requirements into functional requirements.
- Experience in all phases of the SDLC for large and complex projects.
- Experience integrating 3rd party platform or products into an established technical stack.
- Ability to aggressively lead discussions for internal and external resources.
- Ability to manage and prioritize efforts and manage personal workload.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a dynamic environment with fixed due dates.
- Strong communication, written, and organizational skills are needed to facilitate organizational requirements from Mint’s cross-functional teams.
- Ability to understand the complex product, service, and operational behaviors from both a business and technical aspect.
- Ability to communicate with developers and understand programming terminology.
- Ability to address User Experience Design requirements and ensure that they can be integrated as a part of the functional requirements.
- Ability to manage requirements, tasks, and documents related to multiple independent or dependent projects/programs.
OUR VALUES – LET’S MAKE LIFE ULTRA TOGETHER!
- Ownership: We are all owners; be the outcome and get the job done.
- Action Biased: Be brilliant, proactive, and act with urgency.
- Embrace the Adventure: Be agile, adaptive, and thrive on change.
- Invent and Simplify: Never accept good enough.
$1,000 REFERRAL BONUS
Take a look at this job description, if you are the right person, please apply. If Mint Mobile doesn't appear to be a fit for you, refer a friend or colleague and get $1,000. Just send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with 1) your name and 2) their resume or link to their LinkedIn page. If we hire them and they stay for 90 days, you get $1,000. For more details of restrictions and rules, please email email@example.com.