ARE YOU LOOKING...
- To make a difference at the fastest growing company in America?
- For exemplary benefits and significant equity grants?
- To bring your dog to work, to have an executive chef prepare your lunch every day or enjoy unlimited vacation days?
- Forward to being a maverick in a highly-disruptive, celebrity-owned tech/communications company?
- To simply have a ton of fun?
You are not dreaming. This is a dream company to work for and we are located right here in OC.
WE ARE MINT MOBILE
We connect people to what’s most important in their lives: Easily, affordably and reliably. We strive to be California’s Preeminent Destination Employer. Oh yeah, we get it too! We understand what matters to you most. You’re an individual with unique needs, and we’re prepared to exceed any expectations you have for an ideal employer.
We’re smart, strategic, and get things done without a lot of red tape or unnecessary politics. Everyone matters here and everyone has a voice. Expect to spend your time contributing to projects that really matter. We obsess over the employee experience. To start, we provide some of the most competitive salary, benefits, family leave, vacation, retirement and equity options in Southern California. We believe in you and invest in you. Not just your career aspirations, but your life.
In addition, we’ve got a laundry list of perks you’ll brag about on insta -- Lunch every day prepared by our very own chef, healthy snacks, onsite gym, free massages, car wash services, and most importantly, a team atmosphere. We even raise the bar on well bars, including Espresso/Cappuccino/Nitro/Cold Brew/Kombucha Bar, Froyo Bar, Breakfast Bar, Snack Bar and a, well, you know, bar (after 5 pm).
And if you feel intrigued right now reading, imagine the co-workers we have already attracted. This is the kind of team you’ll want to take home to mom or invite to your kid’s next birthday party. This is the kind of close-knit community happening here. Come check out how you can be part of Mint!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for our next extraordinary Principal Data Quality Analyst I to level-up the Enterprise Information Management Team in Costa Mesa, CA!
The Principal Data Quality Analyst is a senior Subject Matter Expert (SME) role within the Enterprise Information Management organization responsible for data quality assurance from various systems & data sources to ensure data integrity and information usability for data driven decisions. Solving and answering minor to complex data related inquiries is the core of this role.
In this hybrid business-technical role, you will work with leadership & business units to understand information needs to ensure thorough understanding of all aspects & contexts of historical and current nuances in data. You will be on the frontline as the SME to understand all aspects of processes, systems, and data to be able partner with other Data Governance & Compliance team members to develop tools & platforms for monitoring data quality initiatives to ensure continuous improvements. This is an opportunity to interact with both technical partners (ETL developers, integration developers, data stewards, DBAs, architects), business partners, and leadership.
We’re looking for a hands-on person who’s capable of driving the importance of data quality and passionate about “data driven” decisions, if this is you then you’re exactly who we’re seeking. If you’re a mission-driven strategic thinker with strong communications, excellent analytical skills, and creativity, who can work effectively both independently and as part of a team, then you’ll be a perfect fit for our team.
Your usual day of awesomeness includes:
- Operating the Data Quality Monitoring process/program to ensure all aspects of data, processes, and systems inquiries are managed & addressed in a timely manner.
- Lead & Develop documentation of end-to-end business process flows (process, systems, data) to incorporate with reference architecture, data lineage, and data models.
- Lead the design, development, implementation of data quality monitoring against operational data sources and data lake/warehouse utilizing data governance tools to ensure adherence to standards with continuous improvement goals.
- Lead the development of data quality scorecards according to defined dimensions & by appropriate data domain to baseline and monitor for improvement goals.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams & find creative solutions to not only identify data quality challenges, but also to illustrate current issues to the relevant individuals and/or teams.
- Perform follow-up actions related to findings & ensure relevant parties understand data quality gaps and close them accordingly.
- Design knowledge management library where all relevant data quality documentation is authored and maintained for referenceable search for data inquires.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, information management, engineering, or a related field.
- 7+ years in a business/data analyst or BI/reporting roles.
- 7+ years using SQL, including complex queries from multiple data sources.
- Excellent analytical skills, with proficiency in SQL and Python.
- Experienced building reporting/dashboards/scorecards leveraging BI/Reporting Tools (Looker, Tableau) or other data visualization software.
- Be able to manage and effectively analyze large quantities of data.
- Experienced in multiple relevant topics such as data warehousing, master data management, data security, information design, analytics, data science, and knowledge management.
- Knowledge of data structures such as columnar, unstructured data, data lakes, APIs, data virtualization, data warehousing, data visualization, predictive analytics, statistics, and analytic models.
- Experience with commercial solutions used for API management.
- A hands-on contributor & leader that can actively troubleshoot, guide colleagues, and proactively communicate.
- Detail oriented, having the ability to focus on details while still seeing the broader picture.
- Ability to work through a problem logically, identify root causes, provide practical effective solutions while being detail and process oriented.
- Excellent written, visual, oral communication skills, ability to communicate with key business partners clearly and succinctly.
- Proven ability to inspire confidence, create executive presentations, effectively present information, and guide strategic discussions.
- Strong project management skills to manage daily data quality operations.
- A self-starter who can work without continuous supervision and is highly organized.
- Team Player - results-driven individual, highly creative, analytical, a strategic thinker, having an ability to work comfortably in a collaborative setting, highly organized, and an ability to work on multiple simultaneous projects and meet deadlines.
OUR VALUES – LET’S MAKE LIFE ULTRA TOGETHER!
- Ownership: We are all owners; be the outcome and get the job done.
- Action Biased: Be brilliant, proactive, and act with urgency.
- Embrace the Adventure: Be agile, adaptive, and thrive on change.
- Invent and Simplify: Never accept good enough.
$1,000 REFERRAL BONUS
Take a look at this job description, if you are the right person, please apply. If Mint Mobile doesn't appear to be a fit for you, refer a friend or colleague and get $1,000. Just send us an email to email@example.com with 1) your name and 2) their resume or link to their LinkedIn page. If we hire them and they stay for 90 days, you get $1,000. For more details of restrictions and rules, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.