ARE YOU LOOKING...
- To make a difference at the fastest growing company in America?
- For exemplary benefits and significant equity grants?
- To bring your dog to work, to have an executive chef prepare your lunch every day or enjoy unlimited vacation days?
- Forward to being a maverick in a highly-disruptive, celebrity-owned tech/communications company?
- To simply have a ton of fun?
You are not dreaming. This is a dream company to work for and we are located right here in OC.
WE ARE MINT MOBILE
We connect people to what’s most important in their lives: Easily, affordably and reliably. We strive to be California’s Preeminent Destination Employer. Oh yeah, we get it too! We understand what matters to you most. You’re an individual with unique needs, and we’re prepared to exceed any expectations you have for an ideal employer.
We’re smart, strategic, and get things done without a lot of red tape or unnecessary politics. Everyone matters here and everyone has a voice. Expect to spend your time contributing to projects that really matter. We obsess over the employee experience. To start, we provide some of the most competitive salary, benefits, family leave, vacation, retirement and equity options in Southern California. We believe in you and invest in you. Not just your career aspirations, but your life.
In addition, we’ve got a laundry list of perks you’ll brag about on insta -- Lunch every day prepared by our very own chef, healthy snacks, onsite gym, free massages, car wash services, and most importantly, a team atmosphere. We even raise the bar on well bars, including Espresso/Cappuccino/Nitro/Cold Brew/Kombucha Bar, Froyo Bar, Breakfast Bar, Snack Bar and a, well, you know, bar (after 5 pm).
And if you feel intrigued right now reading, imagine the co-workers we have already attracted. This is the kind of team you’ll want to take home to mom or invite to your kid’s next birthday party. This is the kind of close-knit community happening here. Come check out how you can be part of Mint!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for our next extraordinary Manager Data Governance & Compliance I to level-up the Enterprise Information Management Team in Costa Mesa, CA!
The Manager Data Governance & Compliance I is a leadership role within the Enterprise Information Management organization responsible for overseeing & driving the data governance & compliance teams’ programs, initiatives, tasks, and deliverables. The core of this role is to ensure data driven decision/initiatives are supported with confidence in both quality and compliance.
In this hybrid business-technical leadership role, you will work with leadership & business units to understand information needs to ensure thorough understanding of all aspects & contexts of process, systems, data, and treatment/handing of data in accordance with policy & procedures, and legal/regulatory compliance. The role will also be responsible for organizing, leading, & operating both the Data Governance & Compliance Operations in support of the Data Governance Council.
We’re looking for a hands-on leader who’s capable of driving the importance of data quality, passionate about “data driven” decisions, and following the rules of policy for legal/regulatory, so if this is you then you’re exactly who we’re seeking. If you’re a mission-driven strategic thinker with strong communications, excellent analytical skills, creative, who can be effective managing, working independently, and as part of a team, then you’ll be a perfect fit for our team.
Your usual day of awesomeness includes:
- Develop & Maintain program/project charters, lead the daily operations of the data governance & compliance programs in support of the data governance council to ensure processes for (intake, prioritization, delivery) are conducted through collaboration with appropriate stakeholders for continuous completion/improvement of deliverables.
- Manage & Lead initiatives/tasks for continuous improvement resulting from data quality monitoring against operational data sources and data lake/warehouse utilizing data governance tools to ensure adherence to standards.
- Manage & Lead initiatives/tasks for continuous improvement resulting from data quality & compliance scorecards according to defined dimensions and by data domain.
- Manage & Lead the data governance documentation of metadata including data dictionaries and business glossaries for governance related projects.
- Manage & Lead the development of documenting end-to-end business process flows (process, systems, data) to incorporate with reference architecture, data lineage, and data models.
- Manage & Lead compliance monitoring leveraging data against operational data sources & data lake/warehouse utilizing data governance tools to ensure adherence to policies & procedures and legal/regulatory requirements.
- Author Policies & Procedures appropriate for Data Governance, Data Handling, and Compliance related needs.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, information management, engineering, or a related field.
- 3+ years in a data governance, data management, and architectural roles.
- 3+ years in a business/data analyst or BI/reporting roles.
- 3+ years using SQL, including complex queries from multiple data sources.
- 3+ years Managing, Leading, and Developing team members.
- Experienced with Erwin Tools (Data Modeler, Data Intelligence, Evolve)
- Excellent analytical skills, with proficiency in SQL and Python.
- Experienced building reporting/dashboards/scorecards leveraging BI/Reporting Tools (Looker, Tableau) or other data visualization software.
- Deep understanding & technical capability for system design, data governance, compliance/regulatory, business strategy, and ability to translate strategy into desired outcomes.
- Experienced in multiple relevant topics such as data warehousing, master data management, data security, information design, analytics, data science, and knowledge management.
- Knowledge of data structures such as columnar, unstructured data, data lakes, APIs, data virtualization, data warehousing, data visualization, predictive analytics, statistics, and analytic models.
- Experience with commercial solutions used for API management.
- A hands-on leader that can actively troubleshoot, guide colleagues, and proactively communicate.
- Detail oriented, having the ability to focus on details while still seeing the broader picture.
- Ability to work through a problem logically, identify root causes, provide practical effective solutions while being detail and process oriented.
- Excellent written, visual, oral communication skills, ability to communicate with key business partners clearly and succinctly.
- Proven ability to inspire confidence, create executive presentations, effectively present information, and guide strategic discussions.
- Strong people & project management skills to manage daily data governance, data quality, and compliance operations.
- A self-starter who can work without continuous supervision and is highly organized.
- Team Player - results-driven individual, highly creative, analytical, a strategic thinker, having an ability to work comfortably in a collaborative setting, highly organized, and an ability to work on multiple simultaneous projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to live up to the high level of integrity and confidentiality of this role.
OUR VALUES – LET’S MAKE LIFE ULTRA TOGETHER!
- Ownership: We are all owners; be the outcome and get the job done.
- Action Biased: Be brilliant, proactive, and act with urgency.
- Embrace the Adventure: Be agile, adaptive, and thrive on change.
- Invent and Simplify: Never accept good enough.
$1,000 REFERRAL BONUS
Take a look at this job description, if you are the right person, please apply. If Mint Mobile doesn't appear to be a fit for you, refer a friend or colleague and get $1,000. Just send us an email to email@example.com with 1) your name and 2) their resume or link to their LinkedIn page. If we hire them and they stay for 90 days, you get $1,000. For more details of restrictions and rules, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.