ARE YOU LOOKING...
- To make a difference at the fastest growing company in America?
- For exemplary benefits and significant equity grants?
- To bring your dog to work, to have an executive chef prepare your lunch every day or enjoy unlimited vacation days?
- Forward to being a maverick in a highly-disruptive, celebrity-owned tech/communications company?
- To simply have a ton of fun?
You are not dreaming. This is a dream company to work for and we are located right here in OC.
WE ARE MINT MOBILE
We connect people to what’s most important in their lives: Easily, affordably and reliably. We strive to be California’s Preeminent Destination Employer. Oh yeah, we get it too! We understand what matters to you most. You’re an individual with unique needs, and we’re prepared to exceed any expectations you have for an ideal employer.
We’re smart, strategic, and get things done without a lot of red tape or unnecessary politics. Everyone matters here and everyone has a voice. Expect to spend your time contributing to projects that really matter. We obsess over the employee experience. To start, we provide some of the most competitive salary, benefits, family leave, vacation, retirement and equity options in Southern California. We believe in you and invest in you. Not just your career aspirations, but your life.
In addition, we’ve got a laundry list of perks you’ll brag about on insta -- Lunch every day prepared by our very own chef, healthy snacks, onsite gym, free massages, car wash services, and most importantly, a team atmosphere. We even raise the bar on well bars, including Espresso/Cappuccino/Nitro/Cold Brew/Kombucha Bar, Froyo Bar, Breakfast Bar, Snack Bar and a, well, you know, bar (after 5 pm).
And if you feel intrigued right now reading, imagine the co-workers we have already attracted. This is the kind of team you’ll want to take home to mom or invite to your kid’s next birthday party. This is the kind of close-knit community happening here. Come check out how you can be part of Mint!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for our next extraordinary Senior Software Engineer - Ecommerce to join our Engineering Team!
Our ecommerce team is revolutionizing the way that people shop for and buy wireless service. Our Senior Software Engineer - Ecommerce will build customer facing tools and experiences that help make complicated decisions easier for visitors. You’ll be contributing to the software design and delivery of both current and future products. This role is focused on front end development, back end development, architectural decision, mentoring, and team leadership. You will have opportunities to work on various types of tech stacks. You’ll have to be flexible and quick, but you won’t be alone. We have a strong team of leads and engineers to work with.
Your usual day of awesomeness includes:
- Hit the ground running, implement changes on our public ecommerce platforms.
- Participate in a driven and highly intelligent engineering team.
- Work with the team to plan, build, test, and deploy new features.
- Primarily work on our ecommerce platform (WooCommerce for now).
- Be asked to design and implement various other tech stacks necessary to support ecommerce.
- Help make our ecommerce software better for both customers and engineers.
- Identify improvements and follow through with an execution plan -- leading to deployment of your ideas in weeks.
- Think critically about our entire software / infrastructure and propose improvements.
- Innovate and push web technologies to their limits.
- Experiment with new technologies and educate the rest of the team.
- Work with the team to implement and improve automated testing platforms.
- Take ownership of features and be wholly responsible for all components of new functionality.
- Propose and lead development of new platform features.
- Mentor junior engineers (education and growth are VERY important).
- Be interested in team leadership.
- Execute some of our technically challenging and critical projects.
Technologies You’ll Work With
- MySQL / GraphQL / Redis / Memcached
- HTML / CSS / SASS
- Build scripts (webpack, etc)
- WordPress / WooCommerce (Plugin/Theme development is a plus)
- Design Systems
- Performance Optimizations
- AB Testing frameworks
- Analytics platforms
- AWS / ElasticSearch
- Lambda / API Gateways
- NodeJS / Express
- Headless WordPress / JAM stack is a plus
- Cross Browser Compatibility Testing
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree - ideally a focus in Computer Science.
- 5+ years experience in software engineering or similar role.
- Expert knowledge of PHP and the differences between versions.
- Experience in WordPress and WooCommerce theme/plugin development is a big plus.
- Familiar with performance scaling.
- Expert knowledge of multiple analytics platforms.
- Knowledge about supporting the LAMP stack on AWS (caching, databases, platforms, pipelines, etc.).
- Self motivated and self starter.
- An eye towards innovation.
- Ready to try new ideas and execute them.
- Team player ready to debate technical approaches with the whole team.
- Passionate about the end user experience.
- Clear and open communication skills.
- Flexible working between multiple development environments.
- Bring your experience to our conversations about software implementations.
- A curious mind willing to try new things.
- A desire to lead teams and mentor junior engineers.
OUR VALUES – LET’S MAKE LIFE ULTRA TOGETHER!
- Ownership: We are all owners; be the outcome and get the job done.
- Action Biased: Be brilliant, proactive, and act with urgency.
- Embrace the Adventure: Be agile, adaptive, and thrive on change.
- Invent and Simplify: Never accept good enough.
$1,000 REFERRAL BONUS
Take a look at this job description, if you are the right person, please apply. If Mint Mobile doesn't appear to be a fit for you, refer a friend or colleague and get $1,000. Just send us an email to email@example.com with 1) your name and 2) their resume or link to their LinkedIn page. If we hire them and they stay for 90 days, you get $1,000. For more details of restrictions and rules, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.