About the position
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, this position will play a key role in accelerating the growth of Mint House by leading all analytical and transactional aspects of development in the Western US including: market research, sourcing opportunities, due diligence, strategic analysis and structuring, negotiating and executing on new property acquisitions. Our ideal candidate will bring strategic thinking, deep knowledge of real estate development and a strong aptitude for efficiency and closing deals. This development leader will help accelerate Mint House's objective of being the industry leader in executing management agreements for thousands of high end hospitality units within multi-family buildings in the quickly growing ‘flex multi-family’ space.
What you’ll do
- Develop growth strategies to support expansion, prepare market research and analyses, articulate the Mint House offering and value proposition to potential partners, advance discussions around new and active projects in the pipeline, oversee underwriting process, and lead deal structuring and negotiations
- Manage a team of two or more Deal Associates pursuing opportunities in the region. Work closely with each Associate on all aspects of the sales and deal negotiating process. Aim to achieve team growth goals and monitor progress on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Pursue and maintain relationships with developers, owners, capital partners and management companies
- Oversee strategic projects and initiatives as directed by the Chief Development Officer
- Work closely with the Underwriting Team on financial modeling for new opportunities, market research, business development materials, strategic analyses and one-off projects
- Coordinate with Legal on the contract drafting and negotiation process to ensure a path to execution
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Operations, Revenue, Finance and Asset Management to ensure seamless deal processes, accurate data for potential clients and smooth onboarding of executed projects.
- Travel to target markets to meet with potential partners, expand on key relationships, evaluate new opportunities and attend / speak at major industry meetings, conferences and networking events
- Complete market research, monitor client activity and continue to develop new business opportunities utilizing CRM tool (we use Copper)
You should have
- Qualified candidates will ideally live on the West Coast and have 5-7+ years of experience in real estate multifamily development and acquisition
- Deep experience with a range of real estate asset classes and a mastery of key elements i.e. financing, transaction structuring and property-level operations
- Strong listening and verbal communication skills: deliver clear and persuasive messaging via in-person meetings, emails, calls and thought leadership opportunities
- Attention to detail, aptitude for critical thinking and discipline to lead each deal through to completion
- You’re known for being a good leader and collaborator; you’re able to juggle a multitude of deals and responsibilities in a fast-paced environment with a positive attitude
- Management experience of multiple associates strongly preferred
- Proficient in Excel; Familiarity with CRMs / Reporting; Travel 50%+
Mint House is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a workplace of belongingness. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. Applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.