About the position
The main purpose as the Head of Capital Markets is to support the overall Mint House growth goals and initiatives by providing debt and equity market expertise, and transactional experience through all phases of the real estate deal financing process and fund structuring. The candidate will excel at fostering capital partner and lender relationships, and work toward establishing the Mint House real estate investment/ownership vehicle.
Mint House is pioneering an entirely new type of asset class called “Flex-multifamily”. We believe that this asset class will grow to a multi-billion dollar asset class over the next several years and become an institutional-grade asset class much in the same way student housing did in the late 90s. Mint House is one of the only groups in the world in a position to pioneer the growth of this new asset-class and capture immense value in the process, all-while serving growth of Mint House’s management portfolio. [See video of Founder, Will Lucas discuss at Skift]
What you'll do
- Primary responsibility is to establish key lender relationships, as well as capital partner relationships that will effectively result in the Mint House real estate investment arm.
- Support overall growth initiatives by providing capital solutions and senior debt solutions for deals being executed by the Mint House real estate acquisitions and partnerships team
- Structure off-balance sheet investment vehicle with the appropriate capital partners
- Effectively present in senior management, investment committee, and annual portfolio review meetings
- Provide debt market expertise to develop and implement debt strategies to achieve Mint House and capital partner goals and objectives
- Partner with internal teams to underwrite proforma assumptions
- Prepare presentation materials for various internal and external meetings
- Facilitate lender meetings with existing and new lending relationships
- Research and communicate capital market trends to Mint House senior team and overall real estate team
- Mentor analytical staff in deal structuring solutions
You should have
- 10+ years of commercial real estate experience as a lender or borrower with a BS/BA degree or higher
- Strong communication, analytical, writing, and presentation skills
- Proven track-record souring both debt and equity capital for both developments and acquisitions across spectrum of risk and return profiles
- Deep rolodex of institutional capital for both debt and equity
- Deep understanding of fund structure dynamics
- Ability to simultaneously lead multiple projects in a fast-paced and results driven environment
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain client relationships
Mint House is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a workplace of belongingness. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. Applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.