We are looking for an experienced research and market analyst with expertise in the beauty and personal care markets. The qualified individual will contribute to our internationally recognized publications by creating relevant, thoughtful, comprehensive market reports.
As a Senior Analyst, you will apply your extensive industry knowledge and critical thinking to both qualitative and quantitative research. You will have the opportunity to join a team of industry analysts dedicated to delivering compelling syndicated and custom reports to a wide range of the world’s largest and most creative companies.
You will work as part of a team of Analysts, sharing ideas and insight, while taking ownership of specific product areas. The main responsibilities include keeping up with relevant industry news, developing consumer research questionnaires, writing comprehensive syndicated research reports, handling client queries, and working with Mintel’s sales and marketing/PR teams.
What You Will Be Doing:
Insight generation and writing:
- Create insightful, relevant analysis of beauty and personal care markets that include consumer, market, retailer and/or manufacturer research and perspective.
- Develop quantitative and qualitative consumer research studies and analyze resulting data
- Translate research findings for clients through data visualization and written analysis that provides actionable insights, demonstrates critical thinking, and offers forward looking statements that impact our readers’ business/careers
- Act as a Mintel spokesperson in the areas of beauty and personal care trends
- Conduct trade interviews in order to gain insight into the key issues facing the industry
- Interact with a wide variety of clients ranging from small marketing agencies to multinational giants
- Maintain daily contact with a wide range of colleagues in other areas of the company including Global Analysts, Research Services, Sales, PR and Marketing teams
We Are Looking for People Who Are:
A Subject Matter Expert: You live and breathe CPG consumer insights. You follow blogs and industry resources and are well-versed in market innovators and disruptors. You are able to predict emerging trends in the industry.
Commercially-Minded: You are dedicated to quality, ensuring accuracy and efficiency in your work to elevate Mintel as a top consumer insights company.
Naturally Curious: You are naturally curious and great at navigating internal and external data, asking second and third level questions to see the patterns behind data to craft expert analysis to be used by clients.
Self-Directed: You take initiative to solve problems and uncover opportunities. You have a self-sufficient work ethic; entrepreneurial in spirit and are naturally self-motivated. You welcome the ability to work in a fast paced environment and work autonomously to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once.
Great Communicator: You have extremely polished verbal and written communication skills, and can adapt your communication style to internal and external partners. You speak clearly, concisely, and present yourself with confidence.
Tech-Savvy: You have excellent Microsoft Office skills. You are able to find creative ways to help clients digest and derive insights from large sets of data. You have experience working with syndicated consumer research such as Simmons/MRI and have worked with syndicated sales data such as IRI or Nielsen.
A Collaborator: You bring an energy to the table that encourages and develops internal relationships. You seek out opportunities to collaborate with peers in your department and across the organization to ultimately elevate our clients' experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets