Consumer Research Analyst (based in Dusseldorf)
Mintel, the world’s leading market intelligence agency, is looking for a Consumer Research Analyst to join its Dusseldorf based team.
We are looking for an attentive Research Analyst with an interest in quantitative consumer research to join Mintel's Consumer Research team. The role will suit someone who already has knowledge through previous experience or an internship of designing surveys, dealing with fieldwork providers and advising on survey sampling.
This role will see you working as part of a global team that provides a first class level of quantitative consumer analysis and insight to the annual schedule of Mintel’s consumer reports primarily within food & drink, beauty and lifestyle sectors.
This role will require close collaboration with Mintel’s in-house analyst teams, managing their research projects from questionnaire design through fieldwork and data analysis.
- Designing quantitative consumer surveys: Working with report analysts to design insightful consumer questionnaires across a variety of european markets to meet research objectives.
- Managing supplier relationships: Liaising daily with internal and external suppliers ensuring research is conducted on budget and to schedule.
- Analysing data: Using common survey analysis techniques such as segmentation, correspondence mapping and key driver analysis.
- Working with other Mintel teams: Providing expertise in consumer research and offering support in analysing survey data.
- Maintaining internal databases: Gathering market data through secondary research.
Who we are looking for
- At least 1 year previous experience or internship in a market research role
- Experience of designing and analysing quantitative consumer questionnaires and data
- Knowledge of SPSS or R (or similar statistical software)
- Knowledge of/interest in qualitative research techniques
- Great organisational/time management skills
- The ability to communicate difficult concepts in a clear, straightforward way
- Some experience with secondary data sources, such as industry or government data
- A high degree of numeracy
- Fluency in both written and spoken German and English
What we offer
- Flexible work hours (start between 7am and 11am), hybrid working, finish early on fridays, work from alternative location for a few weeks per year
- 30 days annual leave + 2 charity days + birthday off
- Budget for home office equipment
- 10 personal coaching sessions per year
- A group of inspiring, fun, social and hard-working professionals
- Security of an established international company but with a start-up atmosphere in the growing German office (personal responsibility, autonomous work and freedom for initiative)
- International and diverse culture with our HQ in the heart of the City of London