Mintel, the world’s leading market intelligence agency, is looking for a consumer-focused Junior analyst to join its Dusseldorf based team.
The role will give you the framework and opportunity to learn and develop the skills to become a Research Analyst with a focus on the German Consumer.
Our expert analysts help a wide range of businesses develop the products of tomorrow and give them the necessary edge to compete in an ever-evolving, fast-paced industry. This role will focus exclusively on the German market and will focus mainly on writing inspiring content for our digital platform in the form of category specific reports.
The ideal candidate is someone with initial experience of turning consumer and trend research into bold, actionable insight. This experience could be from work experience at a client or research/marketing strategy firm or your university degree, but you need to be confident with working with data, as well as capable of translating this into engaging content for our clients.
It’ll be an advantage if you have basic experience of researching and analysing consumer markets. However, we would also consider candidates who don’t have direct experience of these markets but who can show good understanding of the subject.
- Write insightful content about industry issues and trends that impact company strategy, brand development, innovation and consumer behaviour. You will be using a wide range of research tools, including primary and secondary sources alongside quantitative and qualitative consumer research to create content to a monthly publishing schedule.
- Drafting quantitative consumer survey to meet objectives identified in collaboration with the team.
- Support our Commercial team with straightforward client queries. Once fully settled into the role, you will start occasionally delivering presentations to clients on key topics and trends.
- Support our PR and marketing teams to help promote Mintel’s expertise.
- Contribute to brainstorming meetings and help support other teams across the business. Junior analysts have regular contact with a wide range of colleagues in other areas of the company.
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Basic experiences working with consumer research and trends
- Strong writing and analytical skills
- Ability to think quickly and creatively
- Ability to work independently
- Flexibility to travel when necessary
- Fluency in German and good level of English
- A real passion for understanding the trends that shape people’s behaviour
What You’ll Get in Return:
Our employees have over 51 different nationalities and speak over 37 languages. Mintel is all about people. We are committed to finding, training and growing the world's most talented employees. From your very first day with Mintel, we will ensure that you benefit from continuous performance measurement, training and development. Besides that, you will enjoy several other benefits including:
- Blended (home/office) approach to work post Covid as well as flexible working hours
- Modern open space office with ergonomic furniture and fixed budget to furnish home office
- 30 days of annual leave plus 2 charity days and an extra day on your birthday
- Regular travel to headquarter in London
- Free beverages and healthy snacks
And more to come....