The role will involve writing about a wide range of Retail consumer markets including areas such as Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Beauty Retailing and Online Retailing.
Our expert analysts help a wide range of businesses develop the products of tomorrow and give them the necessary edge to compete in an ever-evolving, fast-paced industry. This role will focus exclusively on the Germany market and will focus mainly on writing inspiring content for our digital platform in the form of category specific reports. You will also occasionally deliver presentations to clients on key topics and trends.
The ideal candidate is someone with experience of turning consumer and trend research into bold, actionable insight. This experience could be on the client side or from a research/marketing strategy firm, but you need to be confident with working with data, as well as capable of translating this into engaging content for our clients.
It’ll be an advantage if you have experience of researching and analysing consumer markets. However, we would also consider candidates who don’t have direct experience of these markets but who can show good background knowledge of the subject.
- Write insightful content about industry issues and trends that impact company strategy, brand development, innovation and consumer behaviour. You will be using a wide range of research tools, including primary and secondary sources alongside quantitative and qualitative consumer research to create content to a monthly publishing schedule.
- Identify objectives for consumer research and develop quantitative consumer surveys to meet those objectives
- Inspire and inform our clients with presentations, webinars, and at conferences and trade shows. You will be expected to manage project requests and deliver on time to meet clients’ business objectives. Deliverables will primarily involve on-site or webex presentations. This will initially be a small element of the role but will become more prominent with seniority.
- Support our commercial team in client pitches.
- Support our PR and marketing teams to help promote Mintel's expertise as you develop your expertise.
- Contribute to brainstorming meetings and help support other teams across the business. Analysts have regular contact with a wide range of colleagues in other areas of the company.
- Help coach and mentor other team members
Required skills and experience:
- 3 years+ experience working with consumer research and trends
- Excellent writing and presenting skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to think quickly and creatively
- Ability to work independently
- Flexibility to travel when necessary
- Fluency in German and good level of English
- A real passion for understanding the trends that shape people’s behaviour
What You’ll Get in Return:
Our employees have over 51 different nationalities and speak over 37 languages. Mintel is all about people. We are committed to finding, training and growing the world's most talented employees. From your very first day with Mintel, we will ensure that you benefit from continuous performance measurement, training and development. Besides that, you will enjoy several other benefits including:
- Blended (home/office) approach to work post Covid as well as flexible working hours
- Modern open space office with ergonomic furniture and fixed budget to furnish home office
- 30 days of annual leave plus 2 charity days and an extra day on your birthday
- Regular travel to headquarter in London
- Free beverages and healthy snacks in the office
And more are coming.....