Our global consultants provide consumer insight, brand building, strategic guidance, and innovation services to Fortune 500 clients. The world’s biggest businesses choose us because they know what we’re drawing on our unique blend of evidence, insight, expertise and market-leading analytics on which our reputation has been built.
To support the rapid growth and expansion of the Americas Consulting group, the Director of Business Growth and Process has been created. At first, this role will focus on creating infrastructure and processes to align teams and resources to effectively respond to bespoke client needs with clear, compelling, robust, and creative proposals. This leader will also align teams and resources for pre-proposal business development purposes, with clients.
Long-term, the goal is to develop a small team under this individual to support the consulting needs within Mintel. This individual will have the opportunity to identify the talent and skills needed to strengthen and grow our consulting business. We would ideally like to see someone that possesses either prior people management experience or has had a significant hand in coaching and mentoring other team members.
This role has the option of sitting in our US headquarters office in Chicago or working remotely in the United States (in all states aside from Delaware, Iowa, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, New Jersey and Florida) as long as the individual has eligible working rights in the US. Interviews and onboarding are currently being conducted virtually.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Building operational protocols that enable the Consultants to provide best-in-class insight and advice to our clients.
- Developing an in-depth understanding of our team's unique capabilities when to utilize each, where there are opportunities for up-and cross-sell, and where not to avoid utilizing resources unnecessarily.
- Working with the Consulting Leadership team, playing a central role in the development and execution of our growth strategy.
- Acting as the first point of contact for the Commercial teams, into the Consulting organization you will be responding to questions and vetting business opportunities for clarity, thoroughness, and alignment with strategy. Additionally, you can expect to support the Commercial teams and provide relevant content to clients in the form of capabilities details, case studies, proof of concepts, etc.
- Partnering with Marketing to develop scalable pitch material, content, and enablement tools by bringing a deep understanding of our custom capabilities and how to translate them into client-centered value propositions.
- Project managing the proposal process from inception to completion including qualification, proposal assignment, scoping calls, and status of outstanding proposals to gauge future resourcing requirements.
- Leading daily reviews of all new business opportunities and assembling the optimal team and capabilities around each new client opportunity.
- Debriefing with Consulting and Commercial leadership to keep us current and competitive in our commercial propositions.
- Partnering with our newly created Sales Enablement team to support and build processes to position Mintel Consulting to provide clients with the best thinking, faster than our competitors.
- Maintaining sales enablement materials that anchor in client needs and reflect the depth, breadth, and quality of our capabilities and research solutions.
- Serving as point person to maintain/evolve any renewal engagement.
- Identifying the talent and skills needed to support our growing consulting business and making actionable recommendations to leadership on team structure.
Who We Are Looking For:
While we may have a wish list, we are always open to looking at different profiles for our roles, so please don’t hesitate in applying even if your experience does not check all of the boxes. We believe there is no one perfect resume for a role, but there is a perfect candidate for us, and that could be you.
- Commercially-Minded: You have an instinct for identifying commercial opportunities and would see yourself as a bridge between the Commercial and Consulting teams, facilitating Mintel’s experience in a client-centered approach. You are excellent at building partnerships and balancing the need for consults’ time - optimizing on both business development and execution priorities.
- Process-Driven: You are passionate about bringing process and organization to everything you do and are skilled at project management and ensuring all of your cross-functional teams are aligned.
- Naturally Curious: You are always drawn to knowing the “why” behind things and great at navigating internal conversations, asking second and third-level questions to get at the heart of the businesses’ challenges and goals.
- Committed to Personal Growth: You are committed to continuous learning and growth, constantly pushing yourself outside of your comfort zone to develop your skillset.
- Self-Directed: You take initiative to solve problems and uncover opportunities, and you are eager to take ownership and accountability for the growth of our Consulting space.
- Great Communicators: You are able to visualize strategic thought in evocative and engaging presentations, delivered with confidence and authority, and can adapt your communication style to suit each client and internal business partner.
- Collaborators: You take pride in the team you are a part of and the work you produce. You are skilled at cultivating professional relationships with your colleagues across the business and are constantly finding innovative and unique ways to create an exceptional work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets