The Senior Director of Beauty, Personal Care and Household (BPCH) for the Americas will possess an uncommon combination of skills: a talented and proven researcher, a passionate developer of people, an excellent cross-team collaborator and communicator, and someone who is able to offer inspiring ideas to the market. The individual in this role will be comfortable using data to develop insight and can coach and develop other analysts to deepen their own ability to create insights. This individual is also a commercially-minded leader who will help grow the business to meet and exceed our clients’ expectations. The ideal candidate will come into this role with 8+ years of experience working in a market research or marketing strategy role, with experience managing a team.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Driving the Vision for BPCH: You will help reinforce Mintel’s vision among the content team based in the Americas through continuous evolution of the content and deliverables and bring expertise to the content we develop by bringing an understanding of R&D, Marketing and Insight process.
- Managing a Team of BPCH Analysts in the Americas: This role covers our entire existing BPCH product teams based in the Americas, therefore, you will be overseeing members from our Reports and BPCH content teams. You will establish and uphold a high level of quality in everything produced by the Analysts: published content, client service and marketing activities. You will be responsible for coaching and developing the team, guiding them to grow as experts in their fields. You will also mentor the team on how to develop excellent insights and recommendations within the BPCH space.
- Working Cross-Functionally to Drive Revenue and Renewals: You will work with Commercial and Insights leaders to ensure our content meets clients’ current and future needs which will include encouraging and contributing to cross-departmental collaboration. You will work closely with Commercial stakeholders to ensure our Analyst team are able to deliver on the client service model and maintain effective and regular communication with internal stakeholders and champions.
- Managing Published Content: You will lead the quality initiatives in the region, ensuring we consistently deliver bold, top quality, insightful and forward-looking content and service along with on-time publishing.
- Participating in Global Research Initiatives: You will maintain frequent communication within the Americas region and with the APAC and EMEA regions regarding content development, client needs, and global research initiatives.
Who We Are Looking For:
- A Driven Leader: You should have strong and demonstrated team skills, with experience leading and motivating a team. You are passionate about guiding your team through their career and developing their skills.
- Commercially Minded: You are dedicated to quality, ensuring accuracy and efficiency in your work to elevate Mintel as a top consumer insights leader.
- A Beauty and Personal Care Enthusiast: You have extensive experience working with the Beauty, Personal Care and/or Household industry and a passion for the space. You have the ability to identify patterns in data, and understand what these patterns mean for brands.
- A Lateral Thinker: You are able to spot innovations from a wide range of sectors to see how broader trends and themes are emerging.
- Naturally Curious: You are naturally curious and great at navigating internal and external data, asking second and third level questions to see the patterns behind data to craft expert analysis to be used by clients.
- Self-Directed: You take initiative to solve problems and uncover opportunities. You have a self-sufficient work ethic; entrepreneurial in spirit and are naturally self-motivated. You welcome the ability to work in a fast paced environment and work autonomously to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once.
- Great Communicator: You have extremely polished verbal and written communication skills, and have the ability to talk knowledgeably and confidently with our clients and at industry events. You have excellent presentation skills and the ability to be forward-looking and base projections on fact, knowledge and good judgment.
- A Researcher: You have in-depth experience with understanding data and interpreting numbers all with the aim of being able to create a story from both. You have an understanding of disciplines such as NPD/competitive intelligence, brand development and consumer trends.
- A Collaborator: You bring an energy to the table that encourages and develops internal relationships. You seek out opportunities to collaborate with peers in your department and across the organization to ultimately elevate our clients' experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets