Mintel, the world’s leading market intelligence agency, is looking for a consumer-focused research analyst to join its Dusseldorf based team.
The role will involve writing reports about a wide range of consumer lifestyle markets.
Our expert analysts help a wide range of businesses develop the products of tomorrow and give them the necessary edge to compete in an ever-evolving, fast-paced industry. This role will focus exclusively on the German market and will focus mainly on writing inspiring content for our digital platform in the form of category specific lifestyle reports. You will also occasionally deliver presentations to clients on key topics and trends.
The ideal candidate is someone with experience of turning consumer and trend research into bold, actionable insight. This experience could be on the client side or from a research/marketing strategy firm, but you need to be confident with working with data, as well as capable of translating this into engaging content for our clients.
It’ll be an advantage if you have experience of researching and analysing lifestyle markets. However, we would also consider candidates who don’t have direct experience of the market but who can show good background knowledge of the subject.
- Write insightful content about industry issues and trends that impact company strategy, brand development, innovation and consumer behaviour. You will be using a wide range of research tools, including primary and secondary sources alongside quantitative consumer research to create content to a monthly publishing schedule.
- Identify objectives for consumer research and develop quantitative consumer surveys to meet those objectives
- Inspire and inform our clients with presentations, webinars, and at conferences and trade shows. You will be expected to manage project requests and deliver on time to meet clients’ business objectives. Deliverables will primarily involve on-site or webex presentations. This will initially be a small element of the role but will become more prominent with seniority.
- Support our commercial team in client pitches
- Support our PR and marketing teams to help promote Mintel's expertise.
- Contribute to brainstorming meetings and help support other teams across the business. Analysts have regular contact with a wide range of colleagues in other areas of the company.
Required skills and experience:
- Degree level education covering with a marketing or research focus
- Experience working with consumer research and trends
- Excellent writing and presenting skills
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to think quickly and creatively
- Fluency in German and a good level of English
- A real passion for understanding the trends that shape people’s behaviour