If you’re excited about what the future holds you’ve come to the right place!
Mintel is the world’s leading market intelligence agency. With offices around the world, we take a global view on what is happening in the space of Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) innovation. We offer our clients a unique perspective on the future of the consumer landscape and a clear roadmap to navigate it with.
Our Business Development team focuses on expanding our client base across the Australian and New Zealand market and we are looking for an accomplished, results-driven, sales professional with established relationships and experience in selling solutions.
This individual will join a fun and diverse team in our Sydney office and will be responsible for bringing new clients onto our portfolio in Australia. The role requires a hungry and motivated salesperson who is driven to hit sales targets and nicely rewarded via a lucrative uncapped commission plan.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Delivering Exceptional Sales Results: Striving for exceeding your revenue targets on a monthly basis, including hitting monthly meeting number targets.
- Prospecting: Identifying companies and key decision makers within marketing and research divisions to understand their specific objectives and needs. You are skilled at leveraging your network to grow and develop relationships.
- Building a Pipeline: Leveraging multiple sources to uncover prospects and setting appointments via phone, email, LinkedIn, and other creative methods of outreach to build strong pipeline opportunities.
- Negotiating & Closing Contracts:Running the full sales cycle from prospect to close which includes presenting your strategic recommendations based on the client’s needs. You will be responsible for discussing the details of the contract, closing the deal, and effective handover to the Account Management team.
- Conducting Demos: Showcasing the value of Mintel’s solutions via web conference demonstrations and traveling to prospects for face-to-face meetings (post-Covid), discussing the benefits and impact Mintel’s data can bring to their business.
- Forecasting: Deliver accurate and up to date forecasts to sales management.
- Leading with Insight: Using insight to demonstrate value to our prospects, supporting their business decisions and growing. Ensuring you are constantly on the pulse of what is happening within the consumer packaged goods and market research industries.
Who We Are Looking For:
- Hunters: You are a metrics-driven sales individual with a proven track record of success. You have excellent closing and prospecting skills and are comfortable making cold and warm introductions over the phone, in-person and via email.
- Achievers: You have a strong track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets, selling solutions to the C-suite. You possess and apply practical and technical skills, knowledge, and experience related to sales and customer service.
- Commercially-Minded: You initiate sales meetings to speak with and listen to clients and are easily able to identify potential sales opportunities. You can comfortably and enthusiastically pitch our suite of products and network at the highest possible levels within prospects to ensure there is appropriate executive engagement.
- Self-Directed: You take initiative to solve problems and uncover opportunities. You have a self-sufficient work ethic; entrepreneurial in spirit and are naturally self-motivated. You welcome the ability to work in a fast paced environment and work autonomously to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once.
- People Smart: You are able to easily adapt to different personalities and levels within an organization.
- Committed to Personal Growth: You are committed to continuous learning and growth, constantly pushing yourself outside of your comfort zone to develop your skill set.
- Naturally Curious: You are naturally inquisitive and great at navigating client conversations, asking second and third level questions to get at the heart of prospects’ challenges and goals.
- Humble: You have the grit and competitiveness to find ways to always be moving forward, no matter the obstacle in front of you but you have the humbleness to realize that all of the success you have achieved is because of so many others around you. You don’t take rejection personally; you see it as a challenge.
- Great Communicator: You have an extremely consultative and energetic personality with polished verbal and written communication skills. You are not only a strong speaker, but also a strong listener and take the time to know your audience. You speak clearly, concisely and present yourself with confidence.