Mintel is the world’s leading market intelligence agency. We offer our clients a unique perspective on what consumers want and why as well as importantly – how to navigate this for growth. We are looking for someone who gets excited about innovation strategy, consumer trends and helping brands and businesses grow.
Mintel Consulting is an exciting place for people that have a passion for helping clients grow their business. We are in search of a Senior Consultant with 5-6 years of consulting experience, or possess a Master’s Degree and somewhat less experience. The Senior Consultant will be ready to take a step up in developing client relationships, have exposure to and ability to discuss strategy, innovation and design, and demonstrate general commercial abilities from the start.
The Senior Consultant will be asked to demonstrate skills in critical thinking, enjoy presenting to groups, display poise under pressure, contribute to multiple complex projects and lead basic projects. Eagerness to participate in and fuel inspiration for creative thinking sessions and workshops expected!
What You Will Be Doing:
- Work with account managers and assist more senior consultants in winning business and building client relationships
- Prepare custom analysis and insight for clients by devising creative solutions, using original research, a library of pre-published content, and external quantitative and qualitative agencies
- Be able to craft a tight strategic narrative and learning how to make effective recommendations
- Rapidly organize information, draw conclusions, identify patterns, and succinctly communicate key points
- Display ability to perform a wide range of roles on different projects
- Translate knowledge visually
- Communicate effectively with a wide range of client-types (eg, manufacturers, retailers, and advertisers)
- Build Mintel Consulting by networking across sales, marketing, product development, and other departments
Who We Are Looking For:
- Commercially-Minded: You have a demonstrated talent for abstract thinking, spotting trends and patterns, an instinct for commercial opportunities, and a nuanced understanding of consumer insights are critical.
- A Storyteller: You are a lateral thinker, an intuitive dot-connector, and have experience weaving compelling narratives out of disparate facts across a wide range of categories.
- Data-Driven: You have solid familiarity with most forms of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies and working knowledge of when and how to apply them to a given client challenge. You should have expertise working with complex data sets, including econometrics, statistics, consumer surveys, and syndicated sales data, such as IRI or Nielsen. Experience with Business Intelligence and collaboration tools such as Tableau, Looker, Jira, Miro, etc. would be a plus.
- Naturally Curious: You are always drawn to knowing the “why” behind things and great at navigating client conversations, asking second and third level questions to get at the heart of clients’ challenges and goals.
- An Influencer: You have experience with brand strategy, innovation, or creative workshops and the energy, intellect, humility and passion that draws people to wanting to learn more from you.
- A Great Communicator: You are able to visualize strategic thought in evocative and engaging presentations, delivered with confidence and authority and can adapt your communication style to suit each client and internal business partner.
- A Collaborator: You take pride in the team you are a part of and the work you produce. Cultivating professional relationships with your colleagues is important and you are constantly finding innovative and unique ways to create an exceptional work environment.