Our client’s success is our success. By helping our clients achieve their goals while leveraging Mintel, we will continue to preserve our long-standing relationships and penetrate more areas of their business allowing us to more broadly demonstrate our value.
Our suite of resources and tools are utilized by over 1,500 clients and constitutes subscription revenue of over $80M throughout the Americas today. As an Account Manager, you will work with our Emerging & Mid-Market accounts to increase their usage and investments with Mintel.
As an Account Manager, your focus will be on retention and growth. Partnering with an internal Client Success Manager, as well as Analysts and Consultants, you will ensure the growth of your accounts while delivering return on investment of subscription services.
This role has the option of sitting in our US headquarters office in Chicago or working remotely in the United States (in all states aside from New Jersey and Florida) as long as the individual has eligible working rights in the US. Interviews and onboarding are currently being conducted virtually.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Maintaining and growing existing account relationships. Within an assigned territory, you will be using your excellent communication skills, strong follow-up and sharp attention to detail to enhance your existing relationships.
- Building a pipeline. Leveraging your current client relationships to grow accounts by securing additional products or services to achieve a target portfolio percentage increases.
- Identifying new champions and revenue streams by networking throughout assigned accounts and by leveraging contacts throughout territory.
- Team Selling. Leveraging Mintel’s internal resources to grow existing business within territory
- Understand customer Objectives and Key Results measures.
- Delivering Creative Business Solutions. Proving ROI on a monthly or quarterly basis to aid in the renewal and enrichment process.
- Negotiating and closing contracts. Delivering industry-leading renewal rates.
- Become a Product Expert. across all Mintel CPG products and service
- Create territory and account level business plans specific to assigned portfolio
- Deliver accurate forecasts to sales management
- Developing Expertise in CPG. Ensuring you are constantly on the pulse of what is happening within the consumer packaged goods and market research industries
- Deliver consistent & exceptional sales results against target
What We Are Looking For:
While we may have a wish list, we are always open to looking at different profiles for our roles, so please don’t hesitate in applying even if your experience does not check all of the boxes. We believe there is no one perfect resume for a role, but there is a perfect candidate for us, and that could be you.
- Client-Obsessed & Sales originated: You actively join sales meetings to speak with and listen to clients and consistently have clients talk to the company about what is and is not working. You network at the highest possible levels within prospects and clients to ensure there is appropriate executive engagement. You have a proven track record of delivering return on investment and achieving sales targets.
- Data-driven: You understand how to leverage the power of data and forward-looking metrics to drive better performance results for your clients.
- People Smart: You are able to easily adapt to different personalities and levels within an organization
- Committed to personal growth: You are committed to continuous learning and growth, constantly pushing yourself outside of your comfort zone to develop your skill set.
- Commercially-minded: You are easily able to identify potential growth opportunities and you can comfortably and enthusiastically pitch our suite of products.
- Naturally curious: You are naturally curious and great at navigating client conversations, asking second and third level questions to get at the heart of clients’ challenges and goals.
- Humble: You are humble, yet confident. You willingly admit when you need help, and you know how and when to utilize the resources and people around you. You are also willing to share your own knowledge for the benefit of the team.
- Self-Directed: You take initiative to solve problems and uncover opportunities, and you are eager to take ownership and accountability for the success of your client portfolio.
- Great communicator: You have extremely polished verbal and written communication skills, and can adapt your communication style to suit each client and internal business partner.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets